Trading post and fort location****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well I have located, on paper, a trading post and fort on an island in the Susquehanna Below Conowingo Dam. I am looking for a partner with a boat to access the island. The operators of the trading post were evicted by the military because they didn't have title to the land. This is a 1600's location. There is a possibility of a cache there. Any one interested? Frank...
hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

doverturtle

Apr 23, 2010
York County, PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon; Garrett AT Pro; Garrett Infinium; XP Deus; Minelab Excalibur 1000
If I had a boat, I would help you out. That sounds like a great site to hunt.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
If I had a boat, I would help you out. That sounds like a great site to hunt.
I think it has possibilities because he had 2 trading post, the other being on Kent Island. The Kent Island location is where he was when they chased him out . This location is not usually mentioned in histories of Maryland. Because of his fast withdraw, I would estimate that there may be a cache there and I have a good 2 Box that can find it. Frank...

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kent Island Posts
britishflag.gif

(1629 or 1631 - 1638, 1813), Kent Island
Fort Kent was located at or near Kent Point. This was the first English settlement in the state. A Virginia trading post under William Claiborne was established here in 1631 (or as early as 1629 ?). Fort Craford was built in 1634 on Craney Creek (at Chesapeake Estates) (no remains, actual site washed away). A double row of palisades stretched across the island on both sides of Fort Craford. Claiborne also had a trading post on Poplar Island to the south. Maryland took possession of Kent Island in 1638 and evicted the Virginians. State marker located on MD 8 south of US 50/301.

Hay found this, Maybe someone around Kent Island can use it. Frank...-

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Kent Island Posts
britishflag.gif

(1629 or 1631 - 1638, 1813), Kent Island
Fort Kent was located at or near Kent Point. This was the first English settlement in the state. A Virginia trading post under William Claiborne was established here in 1631 (or as early as 1629 ?). Fort Craford was built in 1634 on Craney Creek (at Chesapeake Estates) (no remains, actual site washed away). A double row of palisades stretched across the island on both sides of Fort Craford. Claiborne also had a trading post on Poplar Island to the south. Maryland took possession of Kent Island in 1638 and evicted the Virginians. State marker located on MD 8 south of US 50/301.

Hay found this, Maybe someone around Kent Island can use it. Frank...-
View attachment 1009957

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First time seeing this post and wondering if this is feasible. Have to check with a fellow club member about access to a boat. Definitely worth checking into

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread