Trail Signs and Monuments-Spanish or Somebody Else

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog,
interestingly, you have answered your own questions. I'm on the same thought pattern as you. I don't have much more to add, except another question: ..when did I say "we"?. Sorry, I forgot where...

”We recognize their passage...” but I must have misinterpreted we to mean a group concentrating on Templar activity in New France. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I’ve exchanged messages with a Knights Templar historian, for the past several years and he had no knowledge of any Templar activity in North America prior to Columbus. But, if a special brotherhood has secrets, I guess they’re not going to spread them around.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Maverick, if possible, I’d like to hear more about the explorers who were sent to search for evidence of the Templars in the New World. I’m guessing two might be Coronado and Ponce de Leon.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Octagonal foundations of a tower at the Coteau-du-Lac National Historic Site. This represents an architectural tradition of the Knights Templar.

View attachment 1713626

Like octagon-shaped structures, do ya? Check out Cort Lindahl's YouTube channel. The axis mundi relationships using octagonal structures world wide reveals a long history of advanced cartography skills. When you connect the dots all over North America, and follow the lines, you'll see a mighty interesting web. mdog has done a lot of work with it vis a vis treasure legends, place names, and more. Google Earth makes the research available to all. Remember, a great circle heading is one of constantly changing azimuth.

https://www.youtube.com/user/SurvivalCell/featured

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Maverick, if possible, I’d like to hear more about the explorers who were sent to search for evidence of the Templars in the New World. I’m guessing two might be Coronado and Ponce de Leon.

My money is on Marcos de Niza.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of this came from one photo.
I didn’t even mention the man that I met there, just a few hundred feet from it.

He wore a rather large ring that looked much like a Templar Shield 🛡! With a large red Cross engraved in it.

I was bold enough to question him about the ring.

I also questioned him about being a Templar Knight, and several other similar organizations.
He denied them all, with a smile on his face that left me with the impression that he had been through that process before.

He denied them all and changed the subject, by stating “ I am just a Christian.”, to which I replied “As am I.”

A very kind and interesting man.
I am sure that we will meet again.

You know that I do not believe in coincidences.

#/;0{>~

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
I can see this thread back on the right track. Congrats.

Sdcfia, I never doubted your capacity. Just your mood. (Great input, by the way)

Mdog, there is not a whole lot more I can bring to the table, as of now. People here are All smart.
Besides, I don't want to create another snow ball effect. (r.snow that is)

It is my personal conviction that,...."no one of us, is as smart as all of us".
And,...this thread proves that plenty.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog and Steve, at the risk of mixing the contents of several different threads, I don't have the figures with me for that Triangle set up we've discussed in the past; could y'all shoot me those angles/measurements again? And is there a possibility for a larger size on that Triangle, just corresponding geometry? Thank you in advance.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Mdog and Steve, at the risk of mixing the contents of several different threads, I don't have the figures with me for that Triangle set up we've discussed in the past; could y'all shoot me those angles/measurements again? And is there a possibility for a larger size on that Triangle, just corresponding geometry? Thank you in advance.

I guess I must have slept a few times since that discussion. Remind me which triangle setup.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one from our discussions on the Artemis thread I believe. Mdog was explaining his experience with it at one of his sites.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
87* angle on one intersection....

Or maybe that was as close as I got to it on my site...??
Now I need to go check out mine!

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
The one from our discussions on the Artemis thread I believe. Mdog was explaining his experience with it at one of his sites.

Yeah, I remember that discussion a little - mdog will probably have your specific answer. I'm a believer in right triangles, particularly of the 90-45-45 type. All right triangles can expand/contract in fractals - a great way to send you scampering in a labyrinth, collecting your tokens at the nodes.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

I have 3,4,5 right triangles where I'm at. If a west to east line is formed on any line of the triangle, the line has a heading of 85 degrees. At the 90 degree angle, there might be something of importance, maybe a group of carvings or a stone monument.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 3,4,5 right triangles where I'm at. If a west to east line is formed on any line of the triangle, the line has a heading of 85 degrees. At the 90 degree angle, there might be something of importance, maybe a group of carvings or a stone monument.

That's the one, thank you so much for getting that for me! Trying to cross off some stray possibilities....or maybe not, lol. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011

I also have a huge equilateral triangle covering many miles, like Steve's.

cem t.jpg

This setup was so precise that it had to have been setup with accurate mapping and surveying techniques. I'm guessing early 1900s. The numbers are in miles and the triangle point on the lower left is a heart shaped pond with a treasure legend associated with the hill that it's on.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have a huge equilateral triangle covering many miles, like Steve's.

View attachment 1714054

This setup was so precise that it had to have been setup with accurate mapping and surveying techniques. I'm guessing early 1900s. The numbers are in miles and the triangle point on the lower left is a heart shaped pond with a treasure legend associated with the hill that it's on.

I remembered that one, and have it under consideration as well. Thanks!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MDOG, I hope that you are in a safe place.
I caught a little bit of the weather, this morning while checking on my dad.

He was in and out of the hospital before we knew that he had a problem.

Nursing staff failed to call us.

I just saw a moment of the weather talking about your area. It didn’t sound good.

Prayers for safety for all.

Mikel

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread