Train Robberies...More than meets the eye

stilldign

Oct 21, 2007
This is for all of you who research the train robberies and the stories that surround the stolen loot from these robberies..
I want to first state that there were train robberies that took place by your common outlaws, so where this stolen money went is anyones guess. On the other hand there were train robberies that, while robbery seems to be the most obvious goal, there were things going on "behind the scenes."
A few years ago, while deciphering treasure maps (accumulation rooms) and plotting these spots on modern day maps, I began to notice something that was quite peculiar. I began to notice that some of these accumulation rooms that I was researching were located in areas of known train robberies. It wasn't until later that I realized that there was a story behind the story.
It is well known that the railroads were/are owned by members of the "society." Also, the railroads were used to ship money/treasures from the east to the west (as it developed). This supplied the monies needed to control (to own) the growth of new areas.
To make a long story short, the railroads were supplying things to certain areas of the United States such as timbers for shoring tunnels as well as money/treasure to help their "brothers" expand the control of the "society." In other words, as accumulation rooms (banks) were being built the railroad would help supply the needed materials to create these banks. Once finished, these banks would then be filled with money/treasure. Some of this treasure was taken from the treasure rooms created during the Civil War and shipped to points west.
To make a long story short, it can be proven that the act of robbing a train would allow for the train to stop anywhere, at any time, for the purpose of off-loading (on-loading) supplies and treasure. The robbery kept all passengers from wandering off and witnessing the acts that were taking place. And, at the same time, the robbers would make money for stopping the train by robbing the passengers. It was a win-win situation. Hell, rob the train too (if it was carrying gold), the insurance would pay for it!! (the hollywood movies show how the information that a train was carrying gold was passed down, however, the truth is this information was given to the "robbers" by the higher-ups in the railroad, it was meant to happen!!)
So, if you're researching train robbery loot and are trying to find out where this loot may be buried, be aware of the fact that the loot (especially that taken from the vaults on the train) is most likely stored in a treasure room near the robbery location. While you're looking for a few million (by todays standards) in train robbery gold, the real resting is not only more secure, but it probably has a hell of a lot more gold in it than you think.
A few of the States where these train robberies took place next to a known accumulation room include, but are certainly not restricted to:Arizona, Missouri, Nebraska, California, Utah, Texas, Kansas, and Oklahoma.

lessthanzero

Aug 17, 2007
Southern AZ
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra's, they are the BEST......
Very interesting and would like to know more, especially the Arizona sites. Where do you do your research?

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
Trains,banks,stagecoaches,it has always amazed me that these robbers seemed to always have shovels with them on horseback with which to bury all this loot.????

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Apparently you have more info than you've posted. I'd be interested in hearing more.

K

Kentucky Kache

How do you know these rooms were 'treasure' rooms?
For that matter, how do know they are rooms? Have you looked inside one? Have you found treasure in one?

S

stefen

warsawdaddy said:
I've got a little swamp land for sale if you're interested.

Wait a minute, I thought we had that in escrow?

Sorry, thats the Brooklyn Bridge...my oops.

re-tek

Jul 15, 2007
miami fl
Detector(s) used
coinstrike, tigershark, ace250, OLD radioshack
ok, some are bashing this guy but this makes sense...

if the train goes somewhere and unloads, everybody knows. the crew, the passengers, the hobos they all know they unloaded a bunch of gold in that spot. many will be taking note where the train stopped and coming back later.

if the train gets "robbed" everybody on that train is fearing for their lives and much too wrapped up in staying alive to be worrying about where the gold is going.

sure, some where real robberies and some werent but the idea is a great way to cover up the movement of large sums.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I agree, I was messing with Stefen, Not bashing anyone.
This could give solid credence to some of the larger "Supposed" KGC hoards that so many rumors are running around about.
Who is to say that many of the more affluent southern railroad men who went suddenly broke at the onset of the CW were in all actuality KGC supporters.

But this is just a supposition gleaned from the info in this thread.
I have absolutely no research to back it up.

OD

les

Jan 24, 2007
Southern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Whites Tr 66 Goldmaster,,Whites Tr Coinmaster 4,,Fisher 220x,,, WHITES 6000 DI SERIES 3,,WHITES 6000 DI series 2,,,Whites 6000d,,,whites Sl PRO,,, Whites XLT,, Whites dfx,, Quickdraw2,coinmaster 4900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys: Here is a Story about a Train Robbery, it's about middle ways down in this story after clinking this link,, Last of Jesse's gang they Say? his nickname was "Quail Hunter" Jack Kennedy,, any of you James gang researchers ever heard of this guy? My GG Father lived in that area.
Les

http://webpages.charter.net/patrice1/76.htm

AeroMike

Apr 5, 2007
SE Area of Nevada
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites MXT, Tesoro Tejon
I do not find this unbelievable at all. I mena think about it, we have used "smoke and mirrors" through out history and really, what better way to keep every ones head down while moving around your goods thne to fake a train robbery.

The only down fall I see is the insurance people must not have been in the "society" because they were the only losers in this deal.

I would be very interested in hearing about how to recognize the signs to look for.

eagle77

Jan 23, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, 3300, XTerra 70
Well I tried the website url and nothing.
Any chance more explanation?

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The trick to getting all the skinny on the insurance stuff is to follow up through a longer period. sometimes the railroad just ignored the insurance people after the claim was paid.

We had a train robbery here in western Co that was controversial because the train that was supposedly robbed never stopped for the robbers, and they robbed the next train that came along and stopped.
The crooks got 15.40 and a posse that chased them down and killed them for it. the RR claimed 35,000 as insured loss. It took the insurance company eleven years to recover the cash from the RR.

People are still looking for that gold, in a 40 mile stretch between Parachute CO and Rifle CO.
The actual loot, all $15.40 was recovered by the posse.

OD

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
" ok, some are bashing this guy but this makes sense... re-tek "

I AGREE >:(

I have been following Stilldign's Information for about a Year now. I have read/learned from his post about very important T-Symbols such as The Owl, Camp site #7, The T's , The H's , Triangulation, The # 13, The W, The M , The duck, The Eagle, The B, Rock Maps, John Sites, and Much More. His information has been very helpful to " Me" in deciphering symbols in the field. I would visit a different T-site for the sole purpose to see If Stilldign had posted any new Info. When I saw him posting here two weeks ago I asked him if it was the same stilldign. " IT IS ". In my humble opinion we here on Treasurenet are very lucky to have this unselfish and knowledgeable person posting here. Some of us Tenderfoots can learn allot from listening to Him. Like I said before his Info has helped me, Mucho Mucho !!! :)

K

Kentucky Kache

I would just like to know if stilldign ever actually saw one of these rooms. If I had this theory I would want to prove it, at least to myself, by visiting and seeing it first hand. I'm not saying he's wrong, I think it's an interesting theory.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
warsawdaddy said:
I've got a little swamp land for sale if you're interested.

Just a little side bar, ;D Those who know me here, know that I make my living by buying land and planting landscape trees that I wholesale nationwide. Well one piece of land that encompassed some 300 acres here in WNY, has a small spot some five acres or so I guess, that a Norwegian Natural gas company has just signed a deal with me to lease for natural gas well. So don't knock the swamp lands I couldn't plant our normal trees there and was and still am planning on planting some wet area trees and see how they sell. But that land is turning out quite valuble after all. ;) :D

Now as to the subject at hand I just saw an episode of treasure hunting U.S.A. where the guy they're profiling tells the story of someone sending e-mails out to 50 + of the well know MDers around the country telling a tale of gold and hidden cache's. He says most of the people just poopooed the guys e-mails but he saw some truth in them. So He did His own research and came up the big winner when he found multiple cache's with alot of gold so you never know and should approach everyones stories with an open mind.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread