Artifact Max

Greenie
Jul 3, 2019
Oregon
Detector(s) used
The naked eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My buddy found this in central Oregon on a feild trip in the dry canyon in near sisters Oregon when he showed me it for the time I was in astonished. Then the story he had to go with it made it even better...I my self never have never seen a Arrowhead come close to one like this.
The story.... He told me he was on a feild trip in school visting the dry canyon near sisters Oregon. He said they were walking around the the edge of the top of the canyon and had stopped to for a second to rest and have a snack. As the class was taking a breather (rest) he said his eyes were staring into the dirt that was getting blown away layer by layer by the strong winds that day .he said he was almost in some sort of a daydream when the wind had blown the layer of dust off the surface of the canyon rim and he saw the shape take place of this shiny rock take place. He said as he picked it up he was amazed at what he had found and showed the teacher. He said his teach then grabbed the Arrowhead from him and acted like he tossed it off the canyon rim and said to the class that Indian artifacts are not allowed to be kept and if you find any thing as of the sort to not keep it and leave it where it is...so after class his teacher stops him before he could leave the room and hands him his find and says " great find Joe and handed it back to him as if it never happend.........the end..
Screenshot_20190703-042722.png Screenshot_20190703-043755.png Screenshot_20190703-043559.png Screenshot_20190703-043543.png

Upvote 21

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Great story and one awesome arrowhead specimen! I believe Kray Gelder's question is correct and the arrowhead was made from Obsidian. The point would likely fetch big dollars if so at auction with as many pics as possible showing how gorgeous it truly is.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer point.

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WoW!
Thanks for the pics...!
Best I've seen in a LONG while!
Welcome to TreasureNet...!

OP
OP
A

Artifact Max

Greenie
Jul 3, 2019
Oregon
Detector(s) used
The naked eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Transparent Arrowhead obsidian ceremonial bloodstone

Yes you are all correct ,it's definitely obsidian, it is incredible that it is still so sharp that just holding it up for a picture it started cutting into my fingers. I still can't believe my freind found this just minutes from where I live. Luck or blessed not sure what..

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to TreasureNet! Thank you for the excellent post and pics. What an awesome point.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazingly awesome and beautiful. What a nice piece of history to treasure. Thanks for sharing!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Beautiful piece, Max! I'm not trying to steal your "thunder" but, I have one similar to yours...not as nice though. A lot of the obsidian in Oregon can be nailed down to a specific area by the "experts." I'm down in southern Oregon. A lot of the nicer obsidian was "traded and raided" to different tribes.
Also, I think the teacher was just covering his rear as far as picking up arrowheads!
3.JPG 1.JPG

OP
OP
A

Artifact Max

Greenie
Jul 3, 2019
Oregon
Detector(s) used
The naked eye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screenshot_20190703-142247.png Screenshot_20190703-142227.png Screenshot_20190703-142314.png
Screenshot_20190703-142349.png
This is a few more pics of it for those who are interested. Thank you for your comment. And always remember "Respect the land you walk on"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread