Trashy Yards

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
I must have had some real winners live in my house before me!
With my new MD I have been finding nothing but trash buried about 6" deep.
I know there was some major renovation and landscaping done several years back.
Today I found an used FULL oil filter buried in my front yard >:(
Lots of nails, wire, beer bottle caps, a pad lock, peices of cans and tin foil.
I am getting better at understanding and using discrimination though.

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My yard finds today...
Striker plate from a doorway (modern), a pulltab, a rivet, foil from a cig pack, a bent hook thingy.
If I don't get a couple of pulltabs and a few roofing nails, in 15 mins, I wonder if my detectors working.
Then it got cold again and I called it quits. I wonder about the people who threw all this in the yard. I found part of the frame to a pickup about 3 feet down. The lid from a 55 gal drum next to the house. Under it was a 1962 penny and a kitchen knife. My oldest coin on this place !!!! The house was built in 1949, so few years so much trash.

I know how you feel

chefrider

Feb 11, 2007
N ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
A T PRO
I have yet to scratch the surface in my yard. I'm finding hydraulic lifters, headbolts, brake parts, a good battery grounding cable and a Hot Wheels. Just think what I'll find MD'ing! Neighbors said it was really trashy!

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Hey Froggie,

Congratulations on your new detector. As you get to know it and what it is telling you your going to find less and less trash and more of the good stuff. And when you dig your first old coin you will forget all about the trash you have dug. Good luck.

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
Froggie,
If your house was built before the mid 1960's, it should have a few old coins in the yard.
You may have to dig a whole lot of trash to get down to the old coins but you will learn how to dig, and cover up your holes and how to pinpoint, and what different discrimination settings do. After learning that you can go ask to hunt all your neighbors yards.

Happy Hunting!!!

Dimeman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread