Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the Minelab go find 66 or 44 is a good choice, they both have Bluetooth capability. The go find 22 is ok too just has smaller coil, less functions than the other two.
Jon from s/e Michigan 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I took both my Equinox 900 and X-Terra Pro last time I went to florida(all carry on). And both worked great on the beach.

OP
OP
B

Beech7

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2020
Anchorage
Detector(s) used
Previously MXT
In the market for new machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took both my Equinox 900 and X-Terra Pro last time I went to florida(all carry on). And both worked great on the beach.
Thanks for the insight. I’ve been looking at the equinox 900. It sounds like a great machine. Did you fit them in a backpack for carry on? Sounds like a good way to go.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well I was going to recommend either the Xterra Pro or the Equinox 900 as well. Lol Groundhogg beat me thou!🤣😂🤣

Also I would much rather take the Xterra Pro on a swimming lesson Versus drowning my equinox 900. But that's just me. Both are great machines & pack down nice, lightweight as well. The biggest like for me is how short they collapse down to.

Jorgeke

Bronze Member
Oct 13, 2021
I’m interested in getting a new detector that I can take with me on the road. I travel a lot and have been wondering what models of detectors fit in a compact package to take on the plane with me. What are you guys out there using that you like or dislike? I kinda like the way wireless units look for simplicity.
Thanks in advance!
AKMike
Hi,Beech7

I had the opportunity to carry with my equinox 800, from Mexico to PA, USA.

No any inconvenient, weight is light. I just put the coil between the clothes.

Dont forget to read the airlines policies on regards the litium battery.

Equinox 800 works perfect.

Good Luck

Groundhogg

Apr 16, 2022
Franklin, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 900, X-Terra Pro, Quantum II, DFX, Radio Shack Discovery 1000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the insight. I’ve been looking at the equinox 900. It sounds like a great machine. Did you fit them in a backpack for carry on? Sounds like a good way to go.
They both are very compact for everyday carry and both can be completely broken down for travel with ease(no tools needed). I used a carry on bag and a back pack. I put both control units in my suitcase bc I felt they were better protected and the rest in my backpack which I stowed under my seat on the plane. No trouble from the TSA. If it's in the budget I'd have to recommend the 900.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've taken my Nox 800 and Ace 250 in my checked bags on flights in the past. No problems at all. Most machines seem to be pretty compact it seems. Just put it in the middle of your clothes like you'd ship a package.

OP
OP
B

Beech7

Tenderfoot
Dec 24, 2020
Anchorage
Detector(s) used
Previously MXT
In the market for new machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've taken my Nox 800 and Ace 250 in my checked bags on flights in the past. No problems at all. Most machines seem to be pretty compact it seems. Just put it in the middle of your clothes like you'd ship a package.
Thank you all for the insight!
I’m considering the Nox 900, or Deus 2
My main interests are Meteor and beach hunting. Do either of these machines offer a AA power pack alternative?

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My main interests are Meteor and beach hunting. Do either of these machines offer a AA power pack alternative?
With the Nox 900 you can use the charging cable to run a external battery pack/power bank to power your detector if the internal battery goes dead.

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like KSdirt said you can get a rechargeable power pack and charge off of that. The Ace series runs off AA batteries and other Garrett machines as well. I needed to upgraded since the ace days. The Ace is just old tech but still will find coins and relics. I've found in the last 3 years that the nox 800 holds a charge for a good amount of time. I'd say a minimum 12 hours per full charge. I don't usually spend more than 4 hours on a hunt so a full charge goes a long way before needing juice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread