traveling and prospecting along the way

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
I have come to a cross roads due to the economy lifes road and other fun stuff.

I am wondering how accepted one might be to person X walking up to a land owner and asking for permision to prospect as they travel through? I mean I dont want Person X to get shot just for asking a question and with respect to the land owner the answer would be final cause this person is of his word.

person X want to travel to the gpaa and lmda sites and travel to them in a unconventional way, via Boat ... he will carry all he needs dredge, high banker, tools and other gear to survive. person X can be very resourceful but in some way he is becoming homeless on purpose. homeless in the modern sense of not living in suburbia or some other modern amenity. He would be off the grid for sure but not out of contact, blogging and web site updates of his travels. His plan is simple and yet has moments of great complication.

living the dream and wanting your thoughts

what has been the reaction to people that you have contacted?

thanks

Axgar

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Axgar

Sep 23, 2005
Columbus, ohio
looking into a 20' shallow water jon boat ... and then use the main waterways to navigate the medium creeks... i already have a 10' jon boat that i can use in tandem ...

i have done some small excursions in the 10' for a few days but for making a real go of it i will need more space. then all i need is my 100 ounces and retirement here i come hehehe.

i plan to use solar power to recharge the batteries when possible .. which will run the electronics. i have ordered some waterproof containers used by the media to store food and electronics.

I just dont want to wonder onto a bunch of hostile peoples property and ask oh yeah can i have the gold that is on your property with your permission. as the shot gun slide is racked. just not a good situation. i guess that is my biggest fear of the over zealous land owner.

Axgar

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iam not totally following you here?First you are going to travel in a Jon boat?O.K.that means you are not going to be navigating any rivers,only lakes or reservoirs which there are a number of agencies involved with ownership of the surrounding areas.....most of whom have strict regs on mining.Second I would be concerned with claim owners as well.It never hurts to ask

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions