Treasure at halloween sites, hay rides and haunted houses

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hello everyone!

It's that time of year, harvest time here in the states and the commercial aspect of the halloween holiday is in full gear. Haunted house attractions have become very popular over the past few years. Hay rides are a classic fall thing to do at horse stables, at some of the orchards, or at pumpkin patches.

I just wanted to point out that these areas are great TH'ing places. I have had some awesome successes at these attractions. I found the gold coin on a chain a month ago at a horse stable that had hey rides and earlier this spring I hit a site that head a temporary haunted maze attraction the past few years built from hay bails and scored a men's 10 diamond wedding band, a ladies gold ring with a large citrine stone, a sterling ring with a pearl, and a 20 piece charm bracelet.

What makes these such good sites for us? Well, it's cold out and most of the time it's at night, it's dark. The people are in a celebratory mood, maybe partying, getting crazy or scared, throwing hey around maybe. A lot of things are lost. Jewelry, coins, and I have even found cash laying on the top of the ground.

So look in your nespapers, save the adverts from these attractions. Do some research now and document where these things are or were and this fall or next spring, there is treasure there just waiting to be dug up and added to your collection.

Best of luck. Happy hunting!

Smiles!
BDoo

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good way to wind down a season. I always post my business cards at stores near this time as I get a lot of calls for finding this lost stuff in the hay bails. Sometime it's on the wagon itself.

Sandman

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Idea... ;D.

In my little town, there's a portable haunted trailer that's gonna be set up then towed off after the attractions.

Postalrevnant

Silver Member
Jul 5, 2006
Mountains
Awesome advice Bobby. Unfortunately my town's attraction was a house in the mall LoL. But I will follow your advice next year and do some research on towns that are close and see if one has something that sounds like it fits the criteria.

Thank you much,

Postalrevnant

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread