Treasure coast beaches closed - for renourishment again

GuerillaBill

Feb 12, 2008
Venice, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Minelab Excalibur II, Whites BeachHunter 300
For those who might be thinking about a trip to the treasure coast (around Vero Beach, Fl) to search for Spanish treasure (1715 fleet wreck), you'll want to know that the state has closed the two best beaches for sand re-nourishment.

These are the same beaches they just completed renourishing this past summer (about 6 months ago).

All that new sand wasn't enough, so they are doing it again.

Details at http://treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com/

Bill

Upvote 0

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I am very unhappy that I can't express my feelings about the politicians that are behind all of this carp. (family forum)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hangingfor8 said:
one good hurricane and it's all gone and we're back in business

Heck with the hurricanes, good nor-eastern, or tropical storm is just as good and no where near the damage.....

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Hey SWR, you going to shoot this post down like you did mine? Whats up? I posted this when the news came out.
But thanks for the update GuerillaBill.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know what they are going to suck up from the bottom out there in deeper water. Could be some really good stuff and lacking in pull tabs. for awhile anyway.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
You never know what they are going to suck up from the bottom out there in deeper water. Could be some really good stuff and lacking in pull tabs. for awhile anyway.

Trouble is many times they arent sucking it up off shore, they are trucking it in from somewhere else...It is nasty sand, full of trash...

Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will the arse wipes ever learn? How do these people get their jobs??
I have dove that coast a lot, and what many who dive dont realize is the millions they have spent on "saving" the coral beds, and when they pile that much sand on the beach and it gets pulled back out during a storm, it covers the very coral that they spent so much on to save... Fracking idiots..
Pepper Park used to have so much live coral, the last few years, it is like a moonscape...

We need to make sure they get voted out this fall, and next fall also... Time for a big change, and I aint talking Obama's kind of change either...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions