Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was there on 28 March and saw dump trucks lined up to deposit new sand on the beaches. We drove into several beach entrances along A1A and just tuned around and left. The sand was very soft and footprints were very deep in the wet sand. We did try one beach near Wabasso and that too was soft and deep but we stayed for about an hour anyway...it was a bust as we expected.

Admittedly, two weeks is a lifetime in terms of changing beach conditions but we've had no real storms to speak of so I would be surprised if much has significantly changed. Were I in your shoes, I might try tourist beaches right now and look for recent drops but as I always say, that's just the view from my foxhole...

OP
OP
8Keeper

8Keeper

Nov 5, 2017
Daytona, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I was there on 28 March and saw dump trucks lined up to deposit new sand on the beaches. We drove into several beach entrances along A1A and just tuned around and left. The sand was very soft and footprints were very deep in the wet sand. We did try one beach near Wabasso and that too was soft and deep but we stayed for about an hour anyway...it was a bust as we expected.

Admittedly, two weeks is a lifetime in terms of changing beach conditions but we've had no real storms to speak of so I would be surprised if much has significantly changed. Were I in your shoes, I might try tourist beaches right now and look for recent drops but as I always say, that's just the view from my foxhole...

Wouldn't mind if they were running dredges but trucks are a killer. Friends know of a couple spots that have not been resanded. I am sure the locals have beat them to death. Worst case I will have an enjoyable morning. Probably be back down there for the picnic also.

OP
OP
8Keeper

8Keeper

Nov 5, 2017
Daytona, FL
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ended up sitting on the beach not far from McLarity. Drank a few beers and dug bottle caps in the loose wet sand.
The real treasure was hanging out with old friends.
These guys have more miles under their keel then most could dream of. And now they have a house in Sebastian leaving me a bedroom there.

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Ended up sitting on the beach not far from McLarity. Drank a few beers and dug bottle caps in the loose wet sand.
The real treasure was hanging out with old friends.
These guys have more miles under their keel then most could dream of. And now they have a house in Sebastian leaving me a bedroom there.

Who's house is that?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread