82.1 KB · Views: 374
Upvote 22

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy crap, What color hair does she have? :dontknow:

OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy crap, What color hair does she have? :dontknow:

LOL Actually it's brown, but getting lighter :laughing7: Believe it or not she's not too dumb so I'm a little surprised, but I know that at least one $100 gift certificate has been thrown away in the past :BangHead: and God only knows what else. :dontknow:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She did that on purpose...
Setting you up for the 500 that will soon go missing...
Around the same time as the "all of a sudden you notice a new purse" moment...

I can hear it now... "well hunny maybe I threw that 500 dollars away" "you know I do throw money away by accident" :P

OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BTW, in keeping with the spirit of all of the honest folks who return things on this forum I will be returning the money to (her) the rightful owner. :cat:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great save on the lunch money, Erik. The way those bills are rolled up in the can, I postulate that they went through the washing machine, and she threw them out with the lint! Sub 8-)

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not me, she must not have needed it, had too much, so she threw the excess away. Just as my wife keeps all the money she finds in the laundry, she considers that tip money.

OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well she won't check my pockets any more because about 15 years ago she came up with a "hand full of dirt" from when I used to put finds in my left jean pocket. That was a long time ago (of course for many years now I have been using a finds pouch on a military belt that also holds all my tools) and so since then many, many bills, business cards, and even my wallet has been washed :BangHead:

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. I'm not sure if any money is getting thrown away but I have noticed that when were out if my wife needs a dollar or two no matter what I give her I get no change. My kids seemed to pick up this habit also... To get back some of my lost funds I try to open the dryer first right after it stops to see which of my bills come back to daddy. Daddy's laundered money...

NJ

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's yours now! Maybe your winter hunting ground is your easy chair and checking things out before they leave the house.

That is nice of you but it was tossed and would have been lost if you hadn't "dug" it out and saved it... Yours!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Erik in NJ

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL. I'm not sure if any money is getting thrown away but I have noticed that when were out if my wife needs a dollar or two no matter what I give her I get no change. My kids seemed to pick up this habit also... To get back some of my lost funds I try to open the dryer first right after it stops to see which of my bills come back to daddy. Daddy's laundered money...

NJ

Yes, same here, if she wants $5 and I give her $20 somehow the other $15 gets spent on something! I will have to look for "laundered funds" :laughing7: Only problem is it'll be my own.

BTW, the money I posted was returned to the rightful owner and I didn't even get a thank you :dontknow:

Bill D. (VA)

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2008
SE Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 SE (land); CZ-21 (saltwater)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice catch Erik! I'm curious what your wife had to say about that:laughing7:. My best cash find was made about 30 years ago. I was driving down the main highway in town and saw a small brown bag that had been run over many times and totally beat up and flattened. But even when driving by at 35 mph I thought I saw what looked like part of a bill sticking out of the bag. I quickly whipped into the first parking lot and ran back to grab the bag. Turned out it was from the local ABC store and there was a receipt in the bag showing a purchase of $21 and change, and it was paid for with a $100 bill. And the $78 + change was all in the bag. I figured the guy must have finished off his bottle while driving, then decided to pitch the "trash" out the window. Don't think I'll ever top that one.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well she won't check my pockets any more because about 15 years ago she came up with a "hand full of dirt" from when I used to put finds in my left jean pocket. That was a long time ago (of course for many years now I have been using a finds pouch on a military belt that also holds all my tools) and so since then many, many bills, business cards, and even my wallet has been washed :BangHead:

I put all junk in my back right pocket of my detecting jeans. The other day my wife slung my pants across the nightstand...the junk was gone but all the leftover dirt was everywhere haha.

Good job nabbing those bills from the trash!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been getting older and sadder wishing I had gotten married during my life. That is, until NOW.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread