treasure hunt in bulgaria

bjm

Greenie
Aug 23, 2007
Hi there

I am arranging a treasure hunt, for the lack of a better term in bulgaria this august in a mountain range

that seems very promising for finds of various periods of history.

I am looking for something in perticular that has been four years in the planning, and as a result even bought

a house 25 miles from the area. As far as my research as gone no one has looked in this area, As well as the

endless history in this area, phonitions, romans, and there is talk of turkish, and natzi ww2 loot that has been hidden on there retreat

from the country,so that the prospect of finding something is very good.

I plan on using a 4x4 to get far as i can then travling by foot and camping for at first 5-7 days, then taking a

coupple of days off to discuss and relax, from then we will go back with a revised plan and take it from there, taking

any extra equipment as needed.

I have spent some time in bulgaria, not traveling to the area, but listening to local tales, and finds people have found

and where.

I dont know if any one is interested in what i plan to do, but it will be my first feild trip and i have invested a lot of time

and expense in it. Ilike to research, thats my thing, So as time gets near i no that i could do with some one to bounce

ideas off in the field, this wont stop me going but if there is any one that fancys a trip please let me know.

many thanks

Brian

Shiloh1

Mar 9, 2009
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like an adventure. What about getting things out of Bulgaria?

Attachments

• Emma as a bunny.JPG
    Emma as a bunny.JPG
    79 KB · Views: 496
OP
OP
B

bjm

Greenie
Aug 23, 2007
Hi There

nice bunny,

There is very little problem with removing things from the country, it just depends on where you would like to take them.

Brian

Shiloh1

Mar 9, 2009
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brian
I could imagine that there is a lot of history in Bulgaria. Has your research found any promising sites? Do you have a plan of operation and what about access? Is the land mostly private or public?

OP
OP
B

bjm

Greenie
Aug 23, 2007
Hi Shiloh

My research has led me to a valley, well off the beaten track. This is acsessed by a forest trail that takes you to

seven km before the start of the valley, (so this part will be by foot. ) The land is not private.

The first time that i go, it be for a recki for around a week, i plan things to be flexable, but if i find what i expect

then extra equipment might be needed. Then we will come out to relax for a few days, sort our thourghts, and then

return with what we need.

I have a target in mind, but the area does have more history than that. Depending on the survey results i am

open to other options if any one with me wants to.

I

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
South Florida east coast.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hunter.
By the law,every thing in the ground belongs to the government.
You will be in trouble if they catch you.Special when you are foreigners.
You will find many coins and things,but again will be very difficult to take them aut of the country.
Good Luck.

OP
OP
B

bjm

Greenie
Aug 23, 2007
Hi

Thank you for your reply Bulgarian,

What part of Bulgaria do you live in? (Or do you live in the states permanently?)

I have lived out there long enough to no that its a country in that anything is possible, its the old

story of who you know. And you should know that. Corruption is rife, and the majority of people

will do any thing for a buck. Export certificates for anything can be obtained for around 100 Lev,

(which is about £40. ) or you can drive it out yourself as the boarder guards are not interested.

Bulgaria is now in the EU, and soon there will be no boarders at all.

Is it not true that in all countries of the world the government will want the finds or certainly there

cut? I read the treasure stories from America and know the good folks have spent a lot of time and effort

finding there treasures, but they dare not tell of them due to the government wanting a cut.

As you call yourself the Hunter, it is taken that you do look, and if you did find treasure would you

submit your finds ( if they were of value)?

Thanks for posting here, but you are posting what all treasure hunters already know, and it applies

to all countries, so i am not doing anything that many people on this site are doing already, and good

luck to them. I have a great respect for any one that spends time and effort following leads to get to there

goals, (treasure does not have to be of great value)

And as LI Tom put it. The Bulgarian should certainly Know about Bulgaria.

All The Best
Brian

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
In the water Aquasound ,back up Aquasound,Fisher cz20,Minelab Excalibur 15 inch wot coil .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bjm said:
Hi

Thank you for your reply Bulgarian,

What part of Bulgaria do you live in? (Or do you live in the states permanently?)

I have lived out there long enough to no that its a country in that anything is possible, its the old

story of who you know. And you should know that. Corruption is rife, and the majority of people

will do any thing for a buck. Export certificates for anything can be obtained for around 100 Lev,

(which is about £40. ) or you can drive it out yourself as the boarder guards are not interested.

Bulgaria is now in the EU, and soon there will be no boarders at all.

Is it not true that in all countries of the world the government will want the finds or certainly there

cut? I read the treasure stories from America and know the good folks have spent a lot of time and effort

finding there treasures, but they dare not tell of them due to the government wanting a cut.

As you call yourself the Hunter, it is taken that you do look, and if you did find treasure would you

submit your finds ( if they were of value)?

Thanks for posting here, but you are posting what all treasure hunters already know, and it applies

to all countries, so i am not doing anything that many people on this site are doing already, and good

luck to them. I have a great respect for any one that spends time and effort following leads to get to there

goals, (treasure does not have to be of great value)

And as LI Tom put it. The Bulgarian should certainly Know about Bulgaria.

All The Best
Brian
Hi my friend,my point was just be careful there.
"Every thing is possible there"you said.So how long you leaved in Bulgaria?
About me,I am proud American citizen,with strong Bulgarian roods.
I love my new Country,and respect my background.Bulgaria have glorious history and it is a beautiful country.
pogled.jpg
The Seven Rila Lakes in Bulgaria
Varna_Roman_bath_Bulgaria.jpg

Bansko-Mountains1.jpg
bulgaria4.jpg

And next pics are from treasure hunting 2006 in Bulgaria.
set-72157594306620962

256915539_49fa970407.jpg
256916171_acb42a15d1.jpg
256856727_cd28b9621f_o.jpg
256856627_0de34e86ca_o.jpg

And some Finds.
275049378_9de6eec183_b.jpg
275049139_9f70317cb1_b.jpg
275049599_396596ec31_b.jpg

Good Luck my friend.

OP
OP
B

bjm

Greenie
Aug 23, 2007
Hi Bulgarian

Thank you for posting the photos, they do show off the beauty of the country,

It is sadly overlooked by most people that visit the country, I have lived here for fiveteen

months now, we live in the country and it amazes me the amount of stars at night, and

the beauty of the sun rising over the mountains in the morning, it is truely a most beautiful

country.

May i ask what part of Bulgaria are you from?

Thanks for your good words and i am sorry if i took it the wrong way

Brian

The Bulgarian

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bjm said:
Hi Bulgarian

Thank you for posting the photos, they do show off the beauty of the country,

It is sadly overlooked by most people that visit the country, I have lived here for fiveteen

months now, we live in the country and it amazes me the amount of stars at night, and

the beauty of the sun rising over the mountains in the morning, it is truely a most beautiful

country.

May i ask what part of Bulgaria are you from?

Thanks for your good words and i am sorry if i took it the wrong way

Brian
I was born and lived in little town near Sofia it is call Dupnitsa.It is South West part of the Country.
foto.php

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread