Treasure hunt...lost. Everybody came in 2nd. :(

John Silvered

Apr 18, 2012
Arrrrgh.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly thought that it'd get solved in like 15 minutes after the last puzzle went live. An hour or two tops. Bit disappointed that nobody solved it...but I learned that 8 is too many puzzles to link for a prize only worth $130 or so. People get lazy, disinterested to keep at something for an entire month. Even when I sent out notices before each and every single puzzle.

But yet people play puzzle sites online all day for FREE...with no hope of a real prize. idk. There are still a few people sending in answers...but it's the same people...sending dozens of variants to their solutions...and right hand on the bible...even then nobody got it.

Here is the answer:

A cave named Ruined Skull 60 miles northwest (of) Capetown, Africa.

The (of) is not really in the clues...but I would've accepted it there or not there.

The tricks were as follows:

1. everyone got this...except for the guy that asked my riddle on a web site. Seriously guy...
2. The numbers were all even. They represented letters in the alphabet...counting by 2s. A = 2 B = 4...etc
3. How many miles? That was the title of the story...and also the question I wanted solved.
4. suduko...you are left with numbers. double blue box is for a 2 digit number...the blank boxes on bottom get filled...numbers to letters again...
5. self explanatory...with a jumble as a second twist
6. cipher action. I made it long to make it solvable. Notice patterns...obviously they represent letters. Look for word length, anywhere that's obviously a certain word...most common letters are vowels...most common vowels is e...this was very breakable imo.
7. easy one...but i really alwasy wanted to make one of these as I had a game book of puzzles like this that I loved as a child.
8. NOBODY GOT 8. The largest windrose...is in the header logo. What letter does the top point...point too? E. What letter does the left pointing point point too? N. Therefore to get the dragon to the ship (all on screen on website the whole time) you would go Northwest. (diagonal) I obviously did this puzzle first as I had to design a logo around it. I was pleased with myself about the effort/idea. :)

Oh well...I had fun anyhoot...I now I have bars of silver to...put away in a box or something.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread