TREASURE HUNTER CASTING CALL!

GOHO

Apr 13, 2008
I was asked to post this... I have no idea what to expect but this group seem serious...

"OPEN CASTING CALL FOR TREASURE HUNTERS !! ALL AGES AND SIZES....
We're looking for CHARACTERS. Whether you're a professional diver, a boat captain or a just novice with a metal detector we'd like to meet you Friday, June 11th at 4 pm at Capt. Hiram's Boat Bar. SEE YOU THEN! "

Should be interesting non-the-less...

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Well if they are looking for "characters" the first one I would nominate would be Fisheye :tongue3:

GOHO said:
I was asked to post this... I have no idea what to expect but this group seem serious...

We're looking for CHARACTERS. Whether you're a professional diver, a boat captain or a just novice with a metal detector we'd like to meet you Friday, June 11th at 4 pm at Capt. Hiram's Boat Bar. SEE YOU THEN! "

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Itmaiden,
I agree, put a black patch over one eye with a fish on it and he'll become famous!
Aquanut

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
"Oh Christ, hurry up and hide the guns, booze and women. This casting call event should bring out the "who's who" in wanna-bees, misfits, has beens and the "full of its." LOL

"Too bad I'm busy that day, I'd love bring a lounge chair and some popcorn."

:headbang:

crzhors

Oct 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse,Excaliber,Pulse8X
Sounds like a Sting operation.... 8)

Reef Dawg

Dec 30, 2008
Delray Beach
Detector(s) used
Aqua Pulse Klein Side Scan Sonar
*UPDATE*

"Greg, I just recieved this from the production company that's doing this Casting Call and thought I would post it in its entirety so that everyone could get some more info on what they're looking for."

OPEN CASTING CALL FOR ALL TYPES IN A NEW TV REALITY SERIES...

We're doing a casting call at Captain Hiram's Sandbar in Sebastian FL. at 4 PM ON FRIDAY JUNE 11TH.

(We'll be there on Thursday same time if that works better for you~ and if you can't make it, you're welcome to send us a link on youtube of you doing your thing- try and keep it under 90 seconds and let us know why you're the one! YOU CAN SEND IT TO US AT: [email protected])

We are looking for characters.

We are looking for Captains.

We are looking for bartenders weighing in on the treasure hunting environment they know.

We are looking for police or the state's treasure hunting inspector's weighing in possibly...

We are looking for historians on treasure hunting ...

We are looking for treasure hunting anthropologists ...

We are looking for someone who made a ton on sunken treasure ...

Need skeptics who lost his shirt diving for treasure ...

What we're really looking for are characters- Good clean cut ones. Troubled ones. Winners. Losers. And that brother or cousin you have always wondered about and you're not really sure what they're doing now- THAT'S THE ONE! THAT'S WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR! Even if that person (guy or gal) just got out of jail, fired from a job, divorced- whatever! We're looking for all types!

Let us know if we're looking for something we didn't think of- thank you and see on the 11th.
Come see us

Again, if you can't make it, Please send us video of yourself. A link or a Youtube posting is great and you're welcome to send us a video from your flip camera or a Quicktime or MPEG-4 is great too. Anything you think will interest us in crewing you up with our crew is what we're looking for. Nothing required of you video'ing yourself in the water or diving. Just you doing your thing. YOU CAN SEND IT TO: [email protected]

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insert Circus Theme Music here.......

Best-Mike

mariner

Apr 4, 2005
Mike,

I think your picture of Adrian Edmunson is giving exactly the right reaction to this idea. Are you a Brit in splendid Pacific isolation?

Mariner

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mariner,

I have always been a big fan of Vyvyan Basterd and his hamster Special Patrol group "SPG". HAHAHA

No, I'm not a displaced Pommey. Just always loved British Humor (Python, Fawlty Towers, Young Ones, Blackadder, etc). I prefer the irreverent style of funny.

Born and raised here in the good'ole USA.

Oh sorry, the Christmas Island Flag was an old joke I forgot to change! ;D ;D ;D I live in SoCal, guess I should've used the Mexican Flag! ;D ;D ;D

Best-Mike

Lucky Eddie

Feb 9, 2010
Send em downunder!.

What do you get, when you put 34 Aussie pirate treasure hunters, in the one room?

Yep - a full set a teefs! ;D

Cheers

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell, I think you would foot the bill for what they are looking for! In fact, I could see you, Fisheye and Reefdawg starring in whatever they are looking to do.

My only concern is that they seem to want to portray our (dying) industry in a bad light-which will not help things. We do that on our own-don't need the spotlight.

It sounds like the "Jersey Shore" meets the "Treasure Coast."

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Dell - you would be a fine example of treasure "finders" there are enough "hunters" -

and if Greg and some of you guys will be there I'll try to make it - in the grind right now trying to get the "hawg" in the water
and do some diving

could sure use a little ol' time bs and treasure talk - was just thinking today if it hadn't been for all the rum and stories flowing at Harbor House
(re-named Toucans) in Ft. Pierce I might not have gotten so hooked on the 1715 Fleet - then again if not for the rum I might have remembered a few more stories
and been more of a finder instead of a hunter!

Wish my mentor Harold Holden could be here - he loved a gathering -

let's all show up in force and whatever goes at least can get some momentum for this season (this year is the year!)

Bonnie

captbonnie

Jan 22, 2007
Vero Beach FL
Detector(s) used
AQ1B
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
yeah Dell I know it is the "cast of characters" that is worrisome

why is it that when you believe in what you do, if what you seek is out of the mainstream or ordinary you
become a "character" -
the people I know and admire HAVE character

not sure if that is the same as being one ... I've never watched any of the reality shows on Tv the ads I've seen
look as if everyone is trying to be someone -

real vs. Reality? if you follow your dream you know it, no one else needs to hear

anyway would still be fun to see the gang :hello2: I missed the treasure divers cookout >:( :(

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill be there.

FISHEYE the creature from the Black Lagoon,err now the Black Gulf.

Attachments

• FISHEYE1994.jpg
    FISHEYE1994.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 938
  • FISHEYE2010.JPG
    FISHEYE2010.JPG
    277.5 KB · Views: 968

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
A production company with a "G-Mail Address" ? Sounds like an identity theft or computer hacking operation. There was and still is a rash of gmail address fake job scams taking advantage of people posting on Craigslist. Been going on for a long time !

itmaiden

Reef Dawg said:
*UPDATE*

"Greg, I just recieved this from the production company that's doing this Casting Call and thought I would post it in its entirety so that everyone could get some more info on what they're looking for."

OPEN CASTING CALL FOR ALL TYPES IN A NEW TV REALITY SERIES...

We're doing a casting call at Captain Hiram's Sandbar in Sebastian FL. at 4 PM ON FRIDAY JUNE 11TH.

(We'll be there on Thursday same time if that works better for you~ and if you can't make it, you're welcome to send us a link on youtube of you doing your thing- try and keep it under 90 seconds and let us know why you're the one! YOU CAN SEND IT TO US AT: [email protected])

We are looking for characters.

We are looking for Captains.

We are looking for bartenders weighing in on the treasure hunting environment they know.

We are looking for police or the state's treasure hunting inspector's weighing in possibly...

We are looking for historians on treasure hunting ...

We are looking for treasure hunting anthropologists ...

We are looking for someone who made a ton on sunken treasure ...

Need skeptics who lost his shirt diving for treasure ...

What we're really looking for are characters- Good clean cut ones. Troubled ones. Winners. Losers. And that brother or cousin you have always wondered about and you're not really sure what they're doing now- THAT'S THE ONE! THAT'S WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR! Even if that person (guy or gal) just got out of jail, fired from a job, divorced- whatever! We're looking for all types!

Let us know if we're looking for something we didn't think of- thank you and see on the 11th.
Come see us

Again, if you can't make it, Please send us video of yourself. A link or a Youtube posting is great and you're welcome to send us a video from your flip camera or a Quicktime or MPEG-4 is great too. Anything you think will interest us in crewing you up with our crew is what we're looking for. Nothing required of you video'ing yourself in the water or diving. Just you doing your thing. YOU CAN SEND IT TO: [email protected]

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
Knew I had seen you before somewhere !

itmaiden

Dell Winders said:
Since I used to appear as a guest personality (character) on several of the old talk shows, and game shows. Mike Douglas, (twice) Merv Griffin (3 times) Johnny Carson, Capt.Kangaroo, To Tell the Truth, What's my Line? (old & new) etc, etc.

itmaiden

Sep 28, 2005
It's not on Capt. Hirams calender for June. Professional companies usually screen through employment services. If anyone participates and this is kinda legit, make sure you take them to a treasure hunting spot where there isn't any real treasure.

I think it would be funny to "plant" a stuffed toy bunny" in the sand and "pull it out" ! Maybe one with energizer batteries holding his own metal detector :wink:

itmaiden

GOHO said:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread