Treasure hunter get together

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
TF 900, Schonstedt, Whites, Garrett, GPR, etc.

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
What do you have planned?

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
After lunch we are planning to go see the Frank James house that was formerly located near Fletcher. There will be a few interesting items brought in for a show and tell of sorts. We are going to leave these as a suprise, but it will be well worth the trip to come see them. Mainly this is just a get together to make some new friends or see some old ones. If time and weather permits we might take a short hike in the mountains to see an interesting site.

willisjj

Nov 2, 2005
Owasso, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Current: Minelab Equinox 800, Tesoro Cibola

Past: Sovereign GT, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, Tesoro Compadre, Etrac, Sovereign XS, Whites 6000D, Garrett Master Hunter BFO
I have to work unfortunately. Sounds like a good time though....

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
The get together will start around 11 and we'll eat at noon. I pushed it back an hour to let a few of those driving in have a bit more time to get here. This is going to be a great get together. There will be a number of people from on and off the forums there.

tjcnok

Sep 29, 2007
Oh Man! I wish I could get there, but just found this site and registered and had already made plans. Sounds like a great place for a rank beginner to listen and learn. Perhaps another time?

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
I guess it's about time to start planning another get together. I'd like to hear some suggestions for dates. I want to give everyone plenty of time to make travel plans.

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
How does June 21st sound? That would give me a couple of months to get everything arranged and everyone time to make travel arrangements.

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, are any of you going to the thunt in supulpa next weekend?????

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gonehunting said:
Hey, are any of you going to the thunt in supulpa next weekend?????
hey you all missed it.. I had more fun last weekend than I have in a long time. found 4 halves, 20 something mercs, 34 wheaties, and a prize token that won a gold dos pesos gold coin. they gave away a x70, x50, and two whites and a raffle for the new 300 whites.... gh

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
June 21st is the date for sure, but depending on how many people are going to come the site isn't set for sure. It will either be in Medicine park or here on the refuge like we did last year. It's just an afternoon thing. A chance for forum members to meet in person. This year we are going to have a little show and tell. Alec is bringing an original JJ oilclothe map. Ray is bringing the watch found by Joe Hunter and I'll dig a little something up as well. I'll provide lunch. If we have it in Medicine Park I'll have it catered if we can get a definite headcount. Please let me know as early as possible if your coming. I've been busy on several projects lately so I haven't spent as much time getting this together as I'd like. I know of about a dozen people for sure. For those that want we can take us a field trip as well. Any suggestions are welcome also.

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
I posted a map and information on my blogsite. You can find the link way down the list on the personal page.
Everyone is welcome and it will be at the Wichita Mountain Lodge clubhouse in Medicine Park on saturday, June 21st at 11:00 am.

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
If anyone wants to bring detectors or other items the want to sell or trade to the get together you're more than welcome to do so.

Bigfoot Okie

Jan 20, 2007
Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Whites, Tesoro
It looks like I will be able to attend. I will bring a few of my special finds from the last couple of years to show. Sounds like a fun day.

Jim

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And an even later post 2late. You still there and y'all gonna have it this year? I'd like to see Frank James' old place again. We also sat on the porch of Quanah Parker's house and drank a beer or two. It was a long time ago. They used to have dances there and you could pretty much go in anytime. I guess that place is all closed up and by appointment only now.

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Heck, that's just a little ways south of me, let me know if ya'll throw something together.
doc

OP
OP
okietreasurehunter

okietreasurehunter

Oct 12, 2004
South Central Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
I can probably get us back in there to look at the old Frank James house. I haven't set a date or place for this years get together so I'm open to any ideas people may have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread