Treasure Hunter-Navigator Plus Discriminating Metal Detector..any good?

N

Newline

Hey Turtlequeen, I hate to be the one to write this response but I fell for this "scam" myself. The Treasure Hunter Navigator, and probabally all of their line, are pretty much worthless. They have a website listing MSRPs which are quite high and make the detector appear official but note a couple of things: you cannot purchase from the company, there are no user reviews, in fact, I have found that the owner of the web site is the main Ebay retailor. The website uses the "MSRPs" to make the ebay prices (usually around 80.00) seem reasonable. From what I've seen, the only people who can buy from the web site are people who sign up to be "retailors". I had the machine delivered, thinking I had a great deal on my hands for 57.00, and was going to give it to my wife to use. The thing cannot even detect a nickel waived in the air in front of it any further than about 2 inches and even then it is intermittent in signaling. They are a total rip off and I am sorry that they are able to remain in business. I don't know where they originate from but I can assure you there are kiddie detectors out there which will beat these things hands down. Again, I am sorry to bring this news and sorry that these people got to you. Honestly, I have found (and many disagree) that a great detector with a lower price is the Bounty Hunter Discovery 2200. It sells at radio shack and although retail is around 200.00 they can be found for less. The 2200 may not be a high end detector and may be scoffed at but I have found twist ties well below 6 inches easily. It is a light, easy to use, and honestly effective machine to begin with. As for the Navigator? That depends or your morals. Either try to unload it on someone else and recoup your loss, bash it into little bits for fun, or take it apart and try to understand how mds work. Maybe you can even improve it to work like a little frankenstein machine. Whatever you do, don't give up on one truly exhilirating hobby. Best wishes and Happy Hunting.------Newline

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread