Treasure Hunters Cookout/ Fund Raiser

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Treasure Hunter's Cookout/ Fund Raiser

I'm having a cookout like the one I throw every Spring for the Treasure Hunters. However, this is special, for one of our friends has contracted Colon Cancer and needs our help. His name is Tom Gidus (AKA Mad4wrecks) on the treasure hunting forums. Tom is a long time diver/treasure hunter on the Treasure coast and is well known among our community. So, to help out, unlike the free ones I've thrown in the past, this one will include an Auction and Raffle, along with donations and a small cover to raise money to aid in curing Tom's cancer. I'd like to see you there with any and all that you can bring or pass this note onto...
We'll have BBQ ribs, Fried Chicken, Beeerrr, and bunches of other stuff. Maybe SCUBA lessons, and a Treasure Hunt.

I'm having the cookout on Saturday, November 3rd, at :
The Pennwood Motor Lodge
9295 N. U.S. Highway 1
Sebastion, FL (actually Wabasso)
the manager's name there is Virginia and her phone # is 772-589-3855

All details can be found on the treasurenet forum here:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/314706-cookout-benefit-mad4wrecks.html

Please let me know if you plan on attending.
You can respond online or call me directly:
386-801-9242

Thanks,
John Redman

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just up the coast here in Daytona, sounds like a good time, I'll have to get down there and bbq and meet with people, have fun and help a guy out!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I'm just up the coast here in Daytona, sounds like a good time, I'll have to get down there and bbq and meet with people, have fun and help a guy out!

gildeal, Good to have you aboard! Her's the poster we've been putting out there.

Attachments

• Cookout Flyer.jpg
    Cookout Flyer.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 347
OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I have at least four guys donating cobs to the raffle/auction along with new books an other shipwreck artifacts. There are also some interesting and quite possibly valuable artifacts that will be available.. I'll try to compile at least a partial list when I return from the Keys next week.
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
I talked to Taffi Fisher today. She's going to donate a 1715 plate fleet or Atocha 8 Reale cob coin to be auctioned off at the benefit. Also she will be there for a short time to visit. Also, Elle has sent me her last copy of her book "The Marigalera of the 1715 Fleet" that will also be available! This may go on auction or in the raffle! I will also offer 3 rice bowls dated around 900 AD from the Vietnam wreck of the Tang Dynasty era which I got from Treasure Huntin' Tom. Additionally, I'll put up for auction, out of my personal collection, an original Tairona Indian Pre-Colombian Tumbaga figurine of unknown age to generate interest. I'll post pictures of my stuff and Elle's book next week when I get back from the Keys. BTW, Elle is also known as Laura Strolia, a wonderful researcher, so you don't want to mis what she has to say!
Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Daniel Sedwick sent me two books today to be used as a raffle item or to be auctioned off for Tom's benefit. One is a signed copy of his Fourth Edition " The Practical Book of Cobs". The other is a signed copy of "The Tumbaga Saga" Treasure of the Conquistadors by Augustin "Augi" Garcia Barneche.
Thank you Dan!
Aquanut John

gildeal

Sep 9, 2011
Daytona Beach florida
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, good deal.... I shot you a private message the other day.... I also pasted your poster to my business facebook page, try and get some folks to go, I know at least one other guy from the Daytona detecting community will be there, and I will be there for sure!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Wow, good deal.... I shot you a private message the other day.... I also pasted your poster to my business facebook page, try and get some folks to go, I know at least one other guy from the Daytona detecting community will be there, and I will be there for sure!

Gildeal,
Sorry, I didn't get your message. Want to try again?

Well, I'm back from the Keys! Had a good time and managed to recruit a little help with the cookout while down there.
Hey Dell, the Steel Drums are perfect. We'll also have a DJ. They can give each other a break so they too can enjoy the cookout. I'm going over to Kellyco either tomorrow or Thursday to talk to them about the cookout.
Rest up Tom! We'll all want to see you at the Big Event!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Hang in there Tom. I am looking forward to meeting you. Ray with Kellyco called me today and said they will be donating 4 metal detectors to do with as we feel best.

I'm going to get together with Ray tomorrow to pick up what he has ready. I've also been in touch with the rep from Whites and he'll be setting up a booth at the cookout. We'll be getting packages in the mail from reps also. The response from treasure hunting and metal detecting clubs has been unreal. This is gonna be BIG!
I wouldn't be surprised if we top a thousand people! It has grown beyond belief!
Thank goodness for the people that have privately contacted me and offered their help!
There's a lot more, Including but not nearly limited to: a high grade 8 Reale either from the Atocha or the 1715 fleet from Taffi Fisher, a couple coins originally from Mo Molinar, including some others, artifacts, some ancient shipwreck treasures (Tang Dynasty Rice Bowls) and two possible pre-Columbian Tumbaga figures from the Tairona Indians in Colombia. There are signed books from Dan Sedwick, and many others I'll detail later in my posts, I just don't have the time at the moment. I need to get details and take pictures of stuff I already have and get it on the shipwreck thread of treasurent.
John

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
While Trembull was picking up the 1715 fleet 8 reale and Cert from Taffi Fisher, I was at Kellyco picking up donations they were gracious enough to offer. Bigdogdad had contacted Ray Walker over there and Kellyco really came through!I picked up 250 backpack combos from Kellyco, that will go with the first 250 meal tickets as people want them. Ray Walker also had 3 MPX metal detectors ready, so I picked them up also. He said he'd call me for me a pickup when the Ace250 comes in. Great Guy! He said he's going to try and be at the cookout too.

More info to come...

Aquanut

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Kellco has given us 250 backpacks full of stuff and 4 metal detectors, 3 MPX's and an Ace 250 for the auction. Plus Taffi Fisher gave us another cob to auction. It's an 8 Reale off the 1715 fleet worth about $800 to $1000. We have several other cobs donated by members also. Many artifacts and Treasure ship stuff will be available in the raffles or auctions. The details will appear in the shipwreck section as soon as I can get the info together. You all really don't want to miss this one! There won't be another like it!

OP
OP
aquanut

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
You can add an 8 Reale from El Cazador donated by Diver_Down. Another new metal detector, a Fisher F75 donated by Fisher through Kellco.
3 pieces of beautiful Mayan Pottery donated by Tommy Vawter from the Treasworks collection.
You can see the pottery on the Shipwreck Section.
Aquanut

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, here are the donations i was able to work out.

1. a fisher f75 metal detector donated by mike scott and crew at first texas/fisher/teknetics/bountyhunter.

2. a box of shirts and hats and ????? also from mike scott and crew.

3. two sand scoops, a pirate flag and ????? from laraine at rtg scoops.

4. a few misc things that i have picked up.

this is going to be a great event and if you want a chance to win these and other great items you have to be there!!!!!!!!!!!!
chuck.

LizzardLady

Feb 8, 2013
aquanut said:
I'm having a cookout like the one I throw every Spring for the Treasure Hunters. However, this is special, for one of our friends has contracted Colon Cancer and needs our help. His name is Tom Gidus (AKA Mad4wrecks) on the treasure hunting forums. Tom is a long time diver/treasure hunter on the Treasure coast and is well known among our community. So, to help out, unlike the free ones I've thrown in the past, this one will include an Auction and Raffle, along with donations and a small cover to raise money to aid in curing Tom's cancer. I'd like to see you there with any and all that you can bring or pass this note onto...
We'll have BBQ ribs, Fried Chicken, Beeerrr, and bunches of other stuff. Maybe SCUBA lessons, and a Treasure Hunt.

I'm having the cookout on Saturday, November 3rd, at :
The Pennwood Motor Lodge
9295 N. U.S. Highway 1
Sebastion, FL (actually Wabasso)
the manager's name there is Virginia and her phone # is 772-589-3855

All details can be found on the treasurenet forum here:
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/shipwrecks/314706-cookout-benefit-mad4wrecks.html

Please let me know if you plan on attending.
You can respond online or call me directly:
386-801-9242

Thanks,
John Redman

Sorry I missed this one !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread