alchemyst

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
still looking to buy one :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter's Manual, 7th ed.

Howdy folks! I'm a newbie... first time posting. I wish I could say that I found this book at a garage sale for a quarter or something, but in reality, I found it in our University system at another campus. Got it sent here for checkout... and lo and behold! This book is SIGNED BY THE AUTHOR himself! Dated 2-9-66 I will take this as a sign of good things to come. :)

Upvote 6

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great book. Anything about treasure hunting is a favorite of mine! Don't hesitate to PM me if I can help you in this new found addiction (it will become an addiction) ! :icon_thumleft:

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Cool find! Welcome to t-net! :occasion16: :icon_thumright: :occasion16: Also, many town libraries are fun & useful for photos, maps & lore about where the old parks, fairgrounds, & businesses used to be, plus hints of reputed "lost" treasure.

When you're ready to buy a detector, there's many knowledgeable people here who can tell you the good points & negatives of the machines they're using. Main consideration besides price is whether you planned to do both land & water detecting or just one type of detecting. My Bounty Hunter Tracker IV is a simple machine, but enough for my slow 72-year old arthritic detecting style, lol. :tongue3: We started out by renting a detector locally - after 2 days of beach digging with that, my son & I bought Bounty Hunter together from KellyCo, one of the internet companies that advertises on t-net here. Later my son upgraded to a Teknetics for reading depth of targets, accuracy, & other advanced options. Even my inexpensive Bounty Hunter's coil can get wet at edge of ocean without harm, but I do have to keep the electronics box totally dry. (won't mention the time I got that box totally swept with waves, despaired, then took electronics box apart, dried all with hair dryer, picked out sand from the electronics board with toothpicks & q-tips, & yay! -- it worked fine again - not mentioning that because luck was with me that day and the company recommends never getting that box wet!) HAVE FUN! :cat: Andi

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice to have you on board. Welcome to the addictive side of fun! Nice screen name!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll send you my copy of the book if you send my that signed one! Stinkin university don't need no autographed copy, LOL

Welcome to the forum!

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats,

You should see what it is selling for on ebay.

OP
OP
A

alchemyst

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2014
Detector(s) used
still looking to buy one :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen Shot 2014-02-05 at 7.35.10 AM.png

Here's a screenshot of the signed page (if I can get it to upload). Thanks for the welcome, everyone! :) I wonder how much they would charge me if I "lost" this book??? ;) But I am not that dastardly. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread