Treasure Hunting and Classic Rock

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunting and classic rock, most people simply scratch their heads when trying to understand the connection, but I gotta tell ya, classic rock can really help you achieve the correct mindset before a hunt. After eight hours in the vehicle the music you listen to can certainly have a major impact on the outcome of your treasure hunt. Without it you simply step out feeling stiff and somewhat drained from the long drive. Classical music is no good as you’ll exit the vehicle feeling as though you need to research an entire library before your hunt. Hard rock offers the opposite effect as your first instinct is going to be a bulldozer, backhoe, and air hammer. Love songs are perhaps the worst because as soon as you unpack you’ll feel like petting and hugging your scoop and detector. And rap music, well, as soon as you step out of the vehicle you’ll feel like killing every other treasure hunter on the beach. Country music is ok, but after listening to eight hours of it you’ll be spending the rest of your trip having your truck serviced and feeling home sick. Ah, but classic rock, now this is the stuff that truly inspires the soul. Take my word for it, the next time you take a treasure hunting trip listen to classic rock and when you finally arrive at your destination you’re going to exit the vehicle feeling like the terminator. In fact, after the hunt, as you’re preparing to depart for home again, you might just feel the urge to slowly scan the entire area with squinting eyes, a bold pirate accent escaping your lips as you say, “I’ll be back.”

Oh ya……..rock on! :thumbsup:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you mention it, but classic rock is the only thing to listen to for anything you do. I always make sure I take few of my favorite DC's with me too. I've listed some good ones

ROCK

Haydn and the Planeteriums
Brahms, Lake & Palmer
Crosby, Stills, Nash & Beethoven
Chopin's covers "Jerry Lee Lewis"

RAP

Mozart Mo's Art Boyeee

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finally, that explains it! Fisher users must listen to Iron Maiden. ;D

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron Patch said:
Finally, that explains it! Fisher users must listen to Iron Maiden. ;D

Iron Maiden isn't exactly classic rock, more like stone rock. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread