Treasure Hunting Business Cards.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. I just thought I'd share another method of gaining permissions that may work for other's. It does add some credibility to the individual who hands one over to a curious passerby wondering what or how you are doing. Mine was designed by a friend I met through Ebay while buying an electric guitar. Turns out he is a graphic arts designer and came up with mine and I must say I really love the card. I know all my information is now available for ya'll to come on over and visit me but, please call or text first.:hello:

001.JPG 002.JPG

Last edited:

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
People are sometimes on guard when aproached by a stranger. What I like about your card is that it’s gentel and nonthreatening. I think it will serve you well.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great idea. I've been using them for 10 years now. Mine is a photo of myself and my Grand daughter standing by an old gate in a field with my metal detector in hand, and has all the pertinent information on it.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
I like how the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence. Nice touch, Lil' Bo Peep. :happysmiley:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The business cards are a neat idea. Does add a neat personal touch and give the info to get in touch so if you do make a contact or they later think of someone else to go check to see about hunting, your info is there and on a neat little card that can be stuck the 'fridge with a magnet.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a cool design!

I thought so too. The designer is an "old hippy" that plays guitar in a Deep Purple tribute band out in the Los Angeles area. He' quite the hipster.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People are sometimes on guard when aproached by a stranger. What I like about your card is that it’s gentel and nonthreatening. I think it will serve you well.

Actually I never approach them. I only hand them out when they get curious enough to stop and chat with me. Yeah, what harm can a sheep do?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like how the grass IS greener on the other side of the fence. Nice touch, Lil' Bo Peep. :happysmiley:

There is a special meaning to the card. If you notice the gate in the fence is cracked open. Well, I am the doofus sheep that wandered off and is "content" to eat the twigs and nasty stuff. Go figure.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a great idea. I've been using them for 10 years now. Mine is a photo of myself and my Grand daughter standing by an old gate in a field with my metal detector in hand, and has all the pertinent information on it.

That's an excellent theme. Shows folks that the little ones can enjoy and learn about our history recovering cool old stuff. Nice.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always give my business card to people I meet. It is a great conversation starter, and almost always leads to new permissions! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• Terry1AGA.jpg
    Terry1AGA.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 87
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The business cards are a neat idea. Does add a neat personal touch and give the info to get in touch so if you do make a contact or they later think of someone else to go check to see about hunting, your info is there and on a neat little card that can be stuck the 'fridge with a magnet.

In all honesty I don't get many call backs from distributed cards. I do believe that folks may spread the word that the "strange" guy roaming around by the river is harmless. He's actually pretty cool.:hello:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always give my business card to people I meet. It is a great conversation starter, and almost always leads to new permissions! :icon_thumleft:

Dig the card. I spent some time in Arizona back in the day. I still miss the desert. Might end up back there some day.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The soft approach may be the right way to go.
Good deal.

Indeed. The designer of the card is an "old" rock & roller hippy. He plays guitar in a Deep Purple Tribute band in the Los Angeles area. I loved the cartoon approach. What harm can some little sheepies do?

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like it!

Why thanks mate. I do too. BTW, I am the dimwit sheep that busted out of the green pasture thinking I "knew" better. Ended up on a steady diet of twigs, gravel, dirt, and can slaw.:tongue3:

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
John 10:9 New International Version (NIV)

9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.[a] They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

I like that, and your gate is cracked open.

I ran my own company for a decade, passed out business cards galore. But I always kept my cards and correspondence simple and to the point - zero graphics. And that's the way I personally would have or rather will handle mine. I've been considering business cards for a while now but always let it slip by as just a thought.

Your cards enticed me once again to make up some of my own - I should have done this a long time ago! Thank you.

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome card Kurios! Cool graphics, good fonts and a nice layout!
My son and I have been thinking of making up some. I showed him the post and he like it too.
A hipster graphic designer playing guitar in a Deep Purple cover band! Sounds like a way cool dude to me.

Garrett424

Silver Member
Jun 20, 2014
Granite, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Omega 8000
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Deteknix XPointer,
Fiskar's Big Grip Digger & my old Army Trench shovel for the tough jobs
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a good idea and it looks good..
I'm actually a printer myself and my son is a designer. I just may get him to create a card for me.
Extra credibility can go a long way when it comes to gaining permissions.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread