treasure hunting from e-bay

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Jeff your screen name, do you work with the NASCAR team,or just have the screen name,Also i just read the ebay that you linked to,Did you see all the pic's of the apartment,it has one small bedroom,and they posted that it sleep's 2 but can sleep four,if your really close friend's family,It just seem's like a waste of money,24 miles out of Keywest, And you do not keep what you find,if this was possible,Also 20 percent of the wrecks profit's, Anyway these people came up with a money maker on there part and if it was me i would keep my money in my pocket,There are way's to become partners with treasure hunters around Key West,I would look into investing into that,like Mel Fisher,Research the internet,But i would not give these people around 3000 dollars,to put on scuba gear and swim around looking for dream's,That's my view,if you do,good luck and hope you enjoy the vacation

OP
OP
Old Fart in TN

Old Fart in TN

Nov 27, 2005
Athens Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab
no I just thought it was a great money maker also, I would not go that route to many good guys here that have offered to let people dive with them for the adventure. yes I am cousin to the racing Waltrips. I was a track office at a race track in Tx but got to old to keep up with the wrecks. Hope everyone had a great weekend/ I am already looking forward to next weekends hunts. Jeff

Skimmer

Nov 2, 2006
Hi Ya'll
I have no idea who these people are or if they
are aboveboard and really capable....but for the money, to me, it sounds like a guy from Nebraska
could have one hell of a good time for less than he
would pay to "invest" in an ongoing treasure salvage operation. Just my 2 cents. Betcha no one
gets rich from this but, the memories and experience are priceless. Mike
Ahem.....by the way, one good night after a day of diving, in Key West can easily make memories you'll never regret. Try it!

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
It looks like this is Rich and Marcie from here on TNet! I have never met them but have talked with Rich on the phone several times. He goes by CaribbeanDiver and in my opinion is a knowledgeable and consumate professional and is very personable!

If anyone is considering this for a vacation, I am sure it would be the adventure of a lifetime! And comparable to what you get from the Fisher's seems like a great deal. You have to put up $10k minimum with the Fisher's and this only gets you 1/8th of 1%.

All I can say is go for it! You wont regret it!

Robert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread