Treasure Hunting in Zimbabwe

Dazthedruid

May 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

i have some solid leads on King Lobengula's treasure in Zimbabwe and i am currently getting the cash together for an expedition.

I have been researching about that country and turns out every man and his dog has a metal detector as there is gold virtually everywhere in this country.

does anyone have experience in that country? i am seriously considering just finding a local lawyer and turning up at the government to thrash out a deal cos i wouldnt want to find it, only for the government to step in and prevent it from leaving the country.

any help gratefully received

thanks

daz

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
I have done lots of MDing there, so have my wife, uncles, cousins, aunts; got mates there right now, we have a ranch in South Africa.

But you go get your self a Barrister and attempt to hash a deal out at the Government Office and this is what will happen, first you will blow a great deal of cash on BS that does not even exist, second that Barrister will inform his mates at the Gov and they will work together is screwing you more, third the word will have already of spread and likely you will either be shot and killed for what ever you have or the police will arrest you for something that you have not even gotten to do yet, like dig up the Kings treasure base solely on your theory, and during this time you will not enjoy jail, but you will get to buy the police Chief a car just to get out.

From your English, I take it you are from an African Union, have you never been there before. Better just to go nugget shooting there, make sure you have more ammo than local police doing checks to see who they can rip off.

OP
OP
D

Dazthedruid

May 11, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have done lots of MDing there, so have my wife, uncles, cousins, aunts; got mates there right now, we have a ranch in South Africa.

But you go get your self a Barrister and attempt to hash a deal out at the Government Office and this is what will happen, first you will blow a great deal of cash on BS that does not even exist, second that Barrister will inform his mates at the Gov and they will work together is screwing you more, third the word will have already of spread and likely you will either be shot and killed for what ever you have or the police will arrest you for something that you have not even gotten to do yet, like dig up the Kings treasure base solely on your theory, and during this time you will not enjoy jail, but you will get to buy the police Chief a car just to get out.

From your English, I take it you are from an African Union, have you never been there before. Better just to go nugget shooting there, make sure you have more ammo than local police doing checks to see who they can rip off.

1)i am actually Welsh and have a degree from Oxford.
2)I am a mystic. I see through scammers, if i were to hire a lawyer they would be 100% trustworthy I assure, as would the people at the government i would choose to deal with.
3)Not interested in nuggets at all, the treasure i would be uncovering is being held in a room the size of a single garage which i will be lead to. I will be lead to it because i will be giving it all away, its just i dont want to give to to gangsters or scammers just people and environments that need it. And i want to be able to take it out of the country legally, thats why i want to pre-arranged legal agreement, cos them, like you, wont believe for a second i can do what i say i can do so will sign up willingly.
4)and it wont be the biggest haul i will be going for either, there is another over three times the size of this one which i will be going for, but that particular country will prove even more problematic so am going to leave that one till last.
5)buy them a car, that would be a laugh, i currently have less than $300 to my name, and no assets apart from a 20 yr old toyota car. and all that i dig up will be going straight to charity.

have a nice day

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck, you will not even make it through the front door.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
From it's decline in the 15th century , Great Zimbabwe has been plundered by Europeans.
Given that history , and today's difficulty of getting into ,and around ,and out of sites where anything of value may exist.....Will require much more than a lawyer.

A visitor getting out with anything of value without a greater exchange of value is not the goal of the government ,or any local authority ,or individuals who find it easier to fleece well haired sheep than to watch them walk off with potential profit.

IF one could trust a local ( and that would change fast with the appearance of treasure , or even the mention) , one might get within site of something that others would not have them see. A point far from home ,or any safe haven.

Gold is heavy. Exits are watched. Customs require travelers and goods be checked.
That leaves legal ( such as exists) organizations with approval of the government doing the searching.
Which brings us back to the centuries of plundering ,and the attitudes created by such.
Going solo without more than the government ,or a local jursisdiction's blessings is not enough to ensure a persons well being ,let alone a cargo of gold's.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1)i am actually Welsh and have a degree from Oxford.
2)I am a mystic. I see through scammers, if i were to hire a lawyer they would be 100% trustworthy I assure, as would the people at the government i would choose to deal with.
3)Not interested in nuggets at all, the treasure i would be uncovering is being held in a room the size of a single garage which i will be lead to. I will be lead to it because i will be giving it all away, its just i dont want to give to to gangsters or scammers just people and environments that need it. And i want to be able to take it out of the country legally, thats why i want to pre-arranged legal agreement, cos them, like you, wont believe for a second i can do what i say i can do so will sign up willingly.
4)and it wont be the biggest haul i will be going for either, there is another over three times the size of this one which i will be going for, but that particular country will prove even more problematic so am going to leave that one till last.
5)buy them a car, that would be a laugh, i currently have less than $300 to my name, and no assets apart from a 20 yr old toyota car. and all that i dig up will be going straight to charity.

have a nice day

Hello Dazthedruid, from White Plains, New York! When I was in Zimbabwe, in 1975, it was called Rhodesia. My advice to you is don't ever go there. People are still losing their lives to landmines leftover from the war, and there are folks there that will kill you for pocket change, then eat you. So, if the climate and natural dangers don't get you, the local "miners" will. :skullflag:

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't go there if you paid me....Bigly .

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah, a civilized Oxford-educated Welsh Mystic wants to go to a corrupt Sub-Saharan country with an average IQ of 82, a per-capita GDP less than 1,000 dollars and alarming rates of opportunistic violent crimes and murder in order to mystically find and vet the nonexistent honest and intelligent bureaucrats that will happily and efficiently assist in the removal from the country of a vast treasure to then be distributed by the finder among "worthy" causes.

Seems legit, what could possibly go wrong.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Ah, a civilized Oxford-educated Welsh Mystic wants to go to a corrupt Sub-Saharan country with an average IQ of 82, a per-capita GDP less than 1,000 dollars and alarming rates of opportunistic violent crimes and murder in order to mystically find and vet the nonexistent honest and intelligent bureaucrats that will happily and efficiently assist in the removal from the country of a vast treasure to then be distributed by the finder among "worthy" causes.

Seems legit, what could possibly go wrong.

I though the guy sounded off kilter, but Plumbata, when you put it this way, it sounds pretty good.

I bet you went to Oxford too.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ahhhhh the fantasies of people that think that they'll be dealing with an honest lawyer and gooberment when there's a massive amount of money involved.Good luck to pipe dreams,ain't going to happen.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
If you expect to go there, find something and get out with it alive, then you will need at the least a Division of Special Forces Soldiers along with Tanks, Tactical Trucks, Helicopters and all the weaponry, ammo and explosives you can haul and carry. Even then, that might not be enough!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're better off heading to the Georgia mountains or Motherlode county of California to get gold and come out alive.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You're better off heading to the Georgia mountains or Motherlode county of California to get gold and come out alive.

My brother in law did really well there as have a few others I know, but I found nothing at all there. However staying in the same mountain range just east over in Dagestan I have done very good. Always amazes me how these run down nations can have some much gold, even the rush that has been going and yet little infrastructure. You go just outside of Gra and there is easy 100 small camps, Americans, Oz, Africans (white that is), Canadians.... All just going at it with MDs when the weather permits.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dazthedruid, from White Plains, New York! When I was in Zimbabwe, in 1975, it was called Rhodesia. My advice to you is don't ever go there. People are still losing their lives to landmines leftover from the war, and there are folks there that will kill you for pocket change, then eat you. So, if the climate and natural dangers don't get you, the local "miners" will. :skullflag:

Taste like Chicken,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread