Treasure hunting "tour guides"?

GemGirl7000

Oct 23, 2008
Treasure hunting "tour guides"?

My father has recently moved to the East Coast of Florida and is very interested in treasure hunting (via metal detecting). He's not too familiar with the area yet (near Palm Coast) so I would love to figure out a way to send him on day of treasure hunting as a Christmas gift. Is there any such thing? I'm not looking for something gimmicky but rather a guide service that may have access to areas that are more restricted to the general public and known to be rich in artifacts, coins, etc. This may be a totally unrealistic request but I figure it's worth a try. Thanks! ;D

chipveres

Jul 9, 2007
Hollywood, Florida
Re: Treasure hunting "tour guides"?

You might try looking up "Treasure Coast Metal Detecting Club". Their number is listed as 407-286-9412. Perhaps they can help.

Chip V.

Dred Pirat Dodd

Aug 1, 2008

Send a PM to GOHO. He will take your dad out on the Gold Hound. He has a web site too.

www.goldhoundtreasuredivers.com

Captain Greg Bounds WILL put your dad on some artifacts, and he finds gold all the time. Probably no trips until spring, but that IS the way to go if you want to see treasure. He is based out of Sebastian, and works the 1715 wrecks for the Fishers. The real deal, and super good people. Enjoy.

IndianRiverSonrise

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Various

GemGirl7000 said:
My father has recently moved to the East Coast of Florida and is very interested in treasure hunting (via metal detecting). He's not too familiar with the area yet (near Palm Coast) so I would love to figure out a way to send him on day of treasure hunting as a Christmas gift. Is there any such thing? I'm not looking for something gimmicky but rather a guide service that may have access to areas that are more restricted to the general public and known to be rich in artifacts, coins, etc. This may be a totally unrealistic request but I figure it's worth a try. Thanks! ;D

Nice idea for a Christmas gift. It would be nice to put him on something like mentioned above with GOHO. You might also consider sending him to the treasure museums in the Sebastian area (a couple hours south of Palm Coast). The metal detecting club is also a good idea. Check out treasurebeachesreport.blogspot.com for some ideas on Treasure Coast beaches. You might try contacting [email protected].

Good luck. Sounds like a cool idea.

Salvor007

Dec 17, 2007

Ok listen up chuckleheads ;D ...the lady said "near Palm Coast" so I am not sure why she was referred to the Treasure Coast Metal Detecting Club!

And she never mentioned her father was interested in diving, so I don't think sending her to GOHO would be a good choice. (John Brandon would be a much better choice anway) Besides, GOHO doesn't find gold 'all the time.' If you knew the actual amount of time spent actually seraching, in actuality he finds gold very little of the time.

Gemgirl, here are some more realistic possibilities for beach and land metal detecting closer to Palm Coast:

Central Florida Metal Detecting Club
Ray Leist,
204 El Padre
Edgewater, Fl 32141
http://www.geocities.com/g8r81/cfmdc.html

Historical Recovery Assoc. of North Florida
Shelly Simpson
1277 Avondale Avenue
Jacksonville, FL 32205
Historical Recovery Assoc. of North Florida

Dig & Find Coinshooters & Historical Club
Mark Estes, Secretary,