treasure hunting trip in 3-weeks

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 1350GTA for dry,Fisher 1280X for wet........
GUESS WHAT !!!!! IN 3 WEEKS I will be leaving to go on a treasure hunting trip here in Michigan,to a private association beach/ camping resort that has been used for recreation for the last 110 YEARS!!!! 3-lakes, 2 with swimming beaches,200-300 open acres to mteal detect, and to top it all off, there will not be another soul there but me,and 1 more thing-I AM THE ONLY ONE ALLOWED IN THERE!!!! The only restrictions I have are,I cannot be in there detecting from Memorial Day to Labor Day,and not to leave any holes in the ground. This is a place that is PACKED during this time,and the potential for great finds is unbelievable!!! Last year, I found 5 rings in 1 day at one of the beaches,4 were in a 12"diameter circle in the grass; 3 silver, 1 gold with diamonds,the 5th ring was also gold, with diamonds. The owner told me a woman lost a $3000.00 diamond ring there quite a good many years ago; I have been looking for it for 13-years now; I will be back to the forum around 9-14-03,I will post what I have found then. P.S.-No,I cant take anybody with me, and no, I will not say where this place is,I have been sworn to secrecy by the owner!!!! Until 9-15, this is Steve,wishing everybody HAPPY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!![/scroll][/b][/i][/quote][/highlight]

Upvote 0

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Your opportunity makes me envious,Steve.Great digs to ya.
Being a fellow Michigander,I too am looking forward to the day after Labor day,(and Ill share).Just like your sweet spot,all of Detroits metro-parks open to detecting the day after Labor Day through the day before Memorial Day.These areas are strictly enforced so the goodies have a chance to build up all summer long.Detecting is by permit only,which are available at any Metro-parks field office at no charge.Did I just give away my favorite spots??Absolutely.And I would hope to see some of you treasure dogs out there.By the way,Ill be at the park with three lakes,two(very busy)beaches,and hundreds of acres of recreation land.Hope I helped someone plan a great hunt.Good digs to all....Jo

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Sorry Jo-the owner of this beach club had a lot of trouble with"so called thers" trashing the place. It took a lot of talking form my father in law for this man to let me in on a trial basis,and he made it VERY plain he did not want anybody else coming in with me, or I would not be welcome back. As for Metro Beach, I have been there, good luck there.

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Sorry Steve..Not tryin to elbow in on your good fortune.Just sharing the anticipation of the day after labor day.Its like opening day of deer season.Ill be very happy to be where Im going and Im sure Ill have something good to show for my efforts.If your familiar with the metro parks Im sure that you know of the one I described with three lakes and two beaches.(Nothing but BMW,s Escalades and spandex all summer long).Looking forward to seeing your finds as well as posting some of my own.....Jo

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
Sorry Steve..Not tryin to elbow in on your good fortune.Just sharing the anticipation of the day after labor day.Its like opening day of deer season.Ill be very happy to be where Im going and Im sure Ill have something good to show for my efforts.If your familiar with the metro parks Im sure that you know of the one I described with three lakes and two beaches.(Nothing but BMW,s Escalades and spandex all summer long).Looking forward to seeing your finds as well as posting some of my own.....Jo

S

srdraftcad

Steve P I'm sorry but I found that $3,000.00 gold rings before than you... Don't waste your time oops.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Hey srdraftcad- have you heard of the term"never hunted out?" In any event, thats all right, if you found that ring-congrats-somewhere, somebody has lost something one of us will find sooner or later!! By the way, went detecting today, found the remains of an old pocket watch at an old school. Apparently, somebody found it earlier, the ground was turned up recently, I found it in the turned up ground-he must not have known what it had. On the inside piece is stamped Delaware Watch Co.

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget to post pics. I got the day after labor day off just so I can go hunt. Lookin forward to a golden opportunity!

OP
OP
warthog steve

warthog steve

Mar 23, 2003
Brown City,Michigan
Detector(s) used
Good luck coinshooter- I got 3 days off this weekend myself-I can feel the "the bug" biting me too!!!!

beetle662

Bronze Member
Jul 25, 2003
Independence, KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Must be nice... I've worked the entire weekend, with 9 hours of overtime... plus I still have to work Labor Day. That's all right, time and a half! The overtime is our big city fair that draws in a huge crowd. Plus we have the big fireworks show tonight on the mighty Ohio. Could have worked OT there as well, but the thought of 500,000 people and trying to drive home afterwards keeps me away.

I hope to get out sometime this week. We are getting alot of rain in Northern Kentucky this weekend, and with all the events and people in the area this weekend, there should be lots to find!

Watch out for those needles!

Beetle

S

srdraftcad

Hey steve!

Don't be disappointed because I found the $3,000.00 gold ring that You
wanted to find but I can sell it you for $2,500. Good bargain! no?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread