Treasure hunting

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
So you say that you can dowse. I will accept this as the truth untikl proven different.
I am putting together a GROUP of DOWSERS to work with me on a SPECIAL PROJECT.
If you are interested you can cotact me by EM at [email protected].
NO questions please concerning this project but the ones chosen will be provide will all the information they will ever need.
You will recieve enough information to tell you what this Project concerns.
Thanks
Peg leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Hi Everyone,
Well I have received ONE EMAIL REPLY to my above posting and it was very postive.
What I can not understand is WHY ONLY ONE REPLY when there are some many here claiming to be able to dowse.
I have been dowsing since I was just a small kid and I believe that EVERYONE can do it.
If you have doubts then I understand why you did not reply. I guess it is simpler to play game with those on this forum that really have no idea about how dowsing works. They must lead a very lonely life when all they can look forward to is posting on their computer. I turned 70 yesterday and am having a great life and expect more and better things to come before leaving this earth.
I am not here to prove anything. I do not have to prove anything to anyone because I know what I know.
I will be leaving this DOWSING section and let you CHILDREN pay your silly games.
Peg Leg

HiiiQ

Nov 6, 2004
I'm the one who replied to him.He wasn't interested in what I can dowse for. He just wanted to sell me his map dowsing sistem....

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
What I can not understand is WHY ONLY ONE REPLY when there are some many here claiming to be able to dowse.

Well my "excuse" is that I can't dowse treasures, (don't know how) only water or power lines - so I could not contribute a thing to a search for treasure via my dowsing.

Oroblanco

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
O RLY? Just kidding, I'm not surprised in the least. Must be getting awfully difficult to make a quick buck with all us skeptics wrecking the place for them. Warms my heart
I also replied to Peg Leg.....I told him that I had 3 projects set up for this summer and didn't have the time for another....Art

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
You might be surprised what you can dowse for

Well I will try that with a coin, but I don't honestly expect any type of response; I have walked over nails, bolts, washers etc and don't get a response, a coin is also a pretty small metal object so...? Perhaps I am just not 'sensitive' enough to pick up a reaction on something so small?

Oroblanco

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Did I mention the word "discrimination" in my posting? I don't see it. Stick with the facts, Dell. If you're going to paraphrase a posting, DON'T TWIST THE MEANING AROUND TO FIT YOUR OWN AGENDA!

Sorry Jean...What you said is exactley what DISCRIMINATION is....Art

Sensitivity is controlled strictly by your conscious mind. If you believe the rods will react over a silver coin, the reaction will be every bit as strong as you get over water. If you believe it won't respond over certain objects --it won't.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey SWR.....Heres a spot where I say there is $200,000 in Gold Coins.....Bring your equipment here and prove I am wrong...By equipment I mean something that will work at a depth of more than 9 inchs...Art

Attachments

• wendover.JPG
    wendover.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 859
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[=Jean310 Most all dowsers create their own limitations. Some live with those limitations their whole life, while others find ways to broaden their horizons.
Unfortunately stats don't tend to broaden theirs, on the contrary----, sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like Marks, I am a sceptic, but of a different kind. His scepticism is directed towards anything he regards as "paranormal", taking as normal that which lies within the limits of ---- "current" -- scientific understanding.

"My scepticism is directed towards the --------"assumption that we know enough to proclaim what is possible and what is not".

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=SWR link=topic=67000.msg491825#msg491825 date=1170178565]
How Odd...my metal detectors have separate knobs for sensitivity and discrimination :-\
Antique?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Like Marks, I am a sceptic, but of a different kind. His scepticism is directed towards anything he regards as "paranormal", taking as normal that which lies within the limits of ---- "current" -- scientific understanding.

"My scepticism is directed towards the --------"assumption that we know enough to proclaim what is possible and what is not".

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
author=[/quote

Sensitivity is the minimum magnitude of input signal required to produce a specified output signal having a specified signal-to-noise ratio, or other specified criteria

Discrimination is the act of distinguishing/discriminating between things

Do you see anything in those two definitions that could be described as sameness?
Sensitive discrimnation vrs. Crude discrimination/????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=Jean310 link=You'll have to get in line, and take your turn. I can only tutor one high school drop out at a time.

ME ME ME ME ME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~\

Tropical Tramp

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swr You probably think self love is physical too, don't you? :-*Judy

Hi Love, according to my old book on abnormal sexual aberrations and deviatism, he does just that, as do the stats --. self love, a narcissistic behavior. since no-one else loves them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankly I wonder why they have to resort to insults and degrading remarks to others? I thought that this was to discuss dowsing etc, not personal scholastic achievements. Why is it necessary for the sceptics to continuously try to convince themselves that somehow, because they might have a bit more formal education, they are supposedly superior?

It appears that the stats & sceptics show an inferiority complex and so are tending to over compensate by bragging and degrading another, even though in other fields the other person may well be their superior in many many things...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Tramp

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
xupz wrote: Ever play Warcraft 2

Ah HA! So NOW we know where XUPZ gets his "scientific" training! Video games! ;D :D ;) There are other uses for your PC, xupz..... ;) ;D

Actually we are getting caught up in semantics, my point to Jean (and I am sure she got the point) was that I have never tried dowsing for any kind of treasure other than water (and power lines, hardly a treasure) so have zero experience in such activity, and rather doubt that I could get a reaction from dowsing rods, from such a tiny object as a coin. I will give it a try some time (rained like heck today or would have tried it today) but personally have no confidence that I will be able to locate such a tiny thing. I will be happy to post my 'result'(s) here, if anyone is curious.

Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
=SWR link
Could you dowse a bucket of water? Much larger target than a coin.
After all of this time swr still hasn't understood the concept of basic dowsing? sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tropical Tramp

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
SWR wrote: Could you dowse a bucket of water? Much larger target than a coin.

I don't honestly know, never tried it, but will try and find out. I understand this is a common requirement for many 'pre-tests' around here.

Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI some one asked me, why do I post when none of the sceptics can / will answer my questions. It is really simple. I am not posting for them, but for the benefit of the hundreds of visitors to these sites Many have em'd me to ask "are these guys real"? Why are they so self centered and make such self aggrandizing remarks while running down anyone else, even for grammer, which has nothing to do with intelligence, or the subject at hand, just lack of a formal education.? I merely tell them to just watch their posts which are actually silly, and self revealing. even go so far as to post many no's as presumed evidence of their superior intelligence, of course most are simply copied out of a text. the proof of the pudding. Actually most of their posts are self defeating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Art try http//'en.wikipedia.org type in "misuse and using false data in computing statistics". There areover 3015 pages

Tropical Tramp

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Thank you mi amigo Tropical Tramp - I often forget that we have many readers of our posts besides those who actually contribute messages to the forum. I just don't see much to gain by debating with people who delude themselves with false beliefs of superiority and refuse to actually go and witness the 'activity' of dowsing.

It is 'funny' too how a person who has no understanding of something can be the greatest skeptic of it. A 'doubting Thomas' but one that will NOT "feel the wounds" to see if it is true or not.

Oroblanco

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Oroblanco said:
Thank you mi amigo Tropical Tramp - I often forget that we have many readers of our posts besides those who actually contribute messages to the forum. I just don't see much to gain by debating with people who delude themselves with false beliefs of superiority and refuse to actually go and witness the 'activity' of dowsing.

It is 'funny' too how a person who has no understanding of something can be the greatest skeptic of it. A 'doubting Thomas' but one that will NOT "feel the wounds" to see if it is true or not.

Oroblanco
I actually wanted to mention something here. Did you see the YouTube dowsing demonstration the Jean provided a link to? The one showing the dowsers palming the coins while pretending to dig them up?

How many people do you think saw this demonstration before the "dowsers" were busted by the TV station? It would be a pretty convincing trick if you didn't know their secret, don't you think?

Moral: Don't believe everything you see.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread