Treasure in Kansas

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
Anyone see this thing on TV (PB) about this guy in Kansas . He was looking for meteorites in a field. He had a home make metal detector (looked like just plastic pipe) he was dragging behind a four wheeler. He Found one worth about a million. It showed him finding one about the size of a foot ball down two feet. He first hit it with his rig and then picked it up with a metal detector. Not a two box type. Said it was worth quite a few K$$$. I guess the moral of the story is to go to Kansas and look for meteorites.

alec

Mar 21, 2003
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
garrett, minelab, tesoro, whites
The "plastic pipe" was a pulse unit with a large coil he pulled behind his four wheeler. He has been looking for and recovering meteorites in Kansas and other states for years. He has several hundred acres under contract in Kansas to hunt for and recover the space rocks. He does a lot of research and maps prospective areas based on known meteorite strikes and "fields". If you google his name you will get a couple of different web sites that explain the unit he is using, I don't have them handy right now or I would post them.

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
I wonder for cache hunting you could build something like that to push or pull over the ground to check a large area in a short time? He was moving at a good clip and the thing looked light.

OP
OP
E

elkman13

Aug 24, 2003
That's what I mean. Didn't see where to send the money. Need plans not just a board. That would be something to run around Australia. Big nuggets down under ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread