Treasure Island area beaches and parks.....

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gonna be in the Treasure Island area mid May for a friends wedding on the beach....what is are the rules and regs on detecting on beaches or parks in this area????.....I would love to get together with someone who knows the area....I hunt with Garrett Ace 250 and Garrett propointer.....been hunting here in Arkansas, Texas and Oklahoma about 30 years.....thanks for any help provided.....happy hunting and God bless:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for info...was told certain areas are off limits....no hunting in dunes????...got scoop ready to go....what about parks????no problems with hunting there?????

KirkS

Jan 10, 2017
St Pete FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro Sand Shark, White's TreasurePro, Tesoro Compadre, Fisher F2 + TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can hunt all of the dry sand up to the foot of the dunes where the sea oats are. Please look out for sea turtle nests. Treasure Island is pretty good about roping them off, but just keep your eyes open for them. Also, if you go at night, use a red beam so not to confuse the turtles (they aren't the smartest). Not even sure if they'll be hatching when you're there, but just a heads up about them.

Since you'll be here on vacation, you probably won't have to deal with parking, but if you aren't staying at a beachfront resort/hotel, parking at the main lots is $2.25/hour. :o If you aren't beachside, and will have to deal with parking, look down the small streets that dead end at the beach. There are a number of them that the parking is free, you just have to be lucky. It's the same for St Pete Beach, which is the next beach south of TI, but there really is no parking outside of the lots in SPB.

I live 2 miles from TI, so depending upon when you're here, hit me up, and maybe I can join you!

OP
OP
Pudsbrat

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info....will look you up when I get down there....so does anyone find anything down there on beach or elsewhere?????.....will remember that about turtles .....don't want to hurt them if I can keep from it....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions