TREASURE LEAD INFO FOR THE INTERESTED

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
some of you may have noticed that over the past 3-4 weeks i have posted a large number of treasure related leads in different threads in many different catagories...probably around 40-50, maybe more leads posted...an observer of these might notice that except for a very few of these which relate to known treasure stories in books like ''braddocks gold'', that they all come from older newspaper articles, diaries, personal papers/collections, old historical society publications, etc....there is a big reason for this.....do not get me wrong here as there are many good researched treasure books out there with very viable leads in them..a couple that come to mind being thomas terry's treasure atlas series and also several by w c jameson...good books,,,possible treasures....there are also the ones that are more of a way for an author to make $ than to help you...not going to bother bashing any of those as research alone will prove that to you.........now to my point...i posted most all of the leads i posted for this reason.....would you rather search for a treasure thats been in books bought by thousands, retold to thousands more, searched for by at least hundreds, over countless years, and maybe found years ago, or would you rather use your time in researching and hunting a treasure that is known only by the small number of people that would read a county's historical society publications, or even better one that is in some diary/personal paper, hidden away in some archive at a university where it might have been seen by a few or possibly none before you ? think about it...the ones i posted are only the easy ones to find, those with a link...when searching through collections it helps to browse through all the collection as most of the collection will not have an online link so that when you google say ''miner, treasure'', it will not pop up....i will post a couple later that i located while collection browsing that will not only make your mouth drop open it would rewrite some history i am quite fond of, along with making some of the know it alls on the subject look like idiots,,,,...not to mention that they are very good leads, to large amounts of buried treasure, possibly that is still there, that only a small handfull of serious historical researchers or less even know about....
you can be a treasure hunter, or a serious treasure hunter..i personally like upping the odds before wasting alot of time hunting something that may be long gone...
on another note, while researching stay focused on what you are after...its easy to become sidetracked...i've done it, everyone has....once while researching a person involved with a project i started doing family history of him...for what reason i still do not know...i wasted several long days tracing his family back to john ross and pocohantas...along the way i passed two past presidents in his family...this started more sidetracking as i got to seeing ''conspiracy'' and it all went downhill from there,,,,before i knew it i had wasted near two weeks of long into the night research for no gain at all....its easy..................my advice,...stay focused, and increase your odds every chance you get...i think you will find it alot more to your advantage when taking on the hunt......
any of you old timers that would like to add a bit here that might help the up and coming that are reading here i am sure that at least some will appreciate it and maybe even a lucky one or two might prosper from....................gldhntr

xdanthemanx

Oct 25, 2007
clarkston michigan
Detector(s) used
E-trac & XLT
I totally agree ,here is a prime example of the way i think also i would rather spend time on a story like this than anything out of a wrote for money book, I look for places that treasure has been found in the past, using the logic that they did NOT have the equipment we have today, there are likely a lot of other treasures nearby others that were found.

Heres some logic behind the research this clipping is from 1888 as we are all aware they didnt have metal detectors they looked for obvious spots and got lucky as a lot of these type stories say they retrieved caches from several or various locations around the property, if they missed just one you could be the lucky one to uncover it....... i actually have doen some research on a few of these near me and am ready to do the field work on em, so heres another freebe for anyone close to where this story takes place

DanTheMan

Attachments

• jpeg of story1888.jpg
    jpeg of story1888.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,095

Mr.Jody

Jul 6, 2008
florida and everywhere....
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5 Quicksilver
Nothing about treasure/caches is to old to bring up, well, maybe....but, where do you guys find this stuff?Yea, I know I have alot to learn,but I'll never know if I dont ask....Jody

C

Cappy Z.

I look for places that treasure has been found in the past, using the logic that they did NOT have the equipment we have today, there are likely a lot of other treasures nearby others that were found.
(xdanthemanx)

I could not agree more. And I have absolute proof this concept is always a winner, always.
(don't ask) 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread