Treasure Markers

A-Dub

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all. I recently came across a strange symbol carved in stone while researching a potential cache location. This was not expected in anyway, and most likely is completely unrelated, but seems interesting. I originally posted in the “what is this” thread, but was informed that this would be a better place for research. I spent most of last night reading up on all these threads and have already learned a ton. That bit of research told me that drill holes found in direct proximity to the carved sign may also be significant.

B7780D07-044A-40B9-A897-9D208C8AB115.jpeg 700D3A37-949D-493C-8333-7B7116B96FF5.jpeg D42561DB-9C0F-4D29-86CD-049A05207FEB.jpeg

Any thoughts on these? Again, could be nothing and is not likely to be related to what I was searching for. There was a very unique looking oak with very low and thick sweeping branches in the area that immediately drew my attention but I unfortunately did not take a photo of that. The drill holes were not very deep, and I honestly just dismissed them at first as being part of cultivating stone. The location is not that old comparatively, and the drill holes could not really have shown up as a sign any earlier than around 1910. The slabs on which the holes are seen are oriented directly north to south. The arrow in the rock carving is pointed NNE generally. Any thoughts from this group? Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
A

A-Dub

Tenderfoot
Feb 4, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only from the cursory observation that it is pointing at another object. I need go back and take another look on the path between the carving and the object it may be pointing to in order to determine whether or not there are additional signs/ symbols. Thanks for the post.

Clueman

Oct 15, 2004
Dont forget the bent tree ......may have metal clues in front of the disfigured limb. Were there any dots in the carving of the square / box?

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont forget the bent tree ......may have metal clues in front of the disfigured limb. Were there any dots in the carving of the square / box?

Clueman,

Glad to see you are still looking in! And like Orangeman,
I hope your last endeavors have been good!!
-Weekender
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread