Treasure of D estang recovered

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
This reminds me of a treasure story one of my coworkers told me last year. He had immigrated lately from Russia in the 90's with his parents. His great grandfater had owned a shoe factory before the bolshevik revolution. He bought several plots in a cemetery outside Moscow and hid his money in one of them in the form of gold and platinum ruble coins. All during the communist times, they would go and dig up a few now and then to buy food and keep the heat and water running. His grandfather passed on without telling his father exactly where the cemetery plot was.

That's a good treasure story.

I think all the mints the Spanish operated from 1650 to 1800 could have minted approximately 1/2 that number of dubloons, but it was probably less. If there was a huge influx of these coins into collector markets, it would have been seen by now. The volume and weight of this would have been staggering. It reminds me of the physics problem where the spy tries to flee over the border with a suitcase containing 20 million in gold.

OP
OP
C

conqistador

Jun 17, 2007
bratislava
allen_idaho said:
Are you saying someone robbed a cemetery?
Nobody robbed!Just regular diging for new tomb.I had information about this pirates treasure,i knew(I was almost sure)that is buried on cemetery,but i believed this is buried on st mary island cemetery.There are next at least 5 treasuries in this area.At least 2-3 on Mauritius,at least 2 on madagascar,and at least 1 on Rodriguez.I have no evidence for some treasure on Mahe,but i think there is some.This recovered treasure is up to last will letter which i have copy of it, part from one huge treasure.This last will letter had sent french corsair to his nephew in the year 1800.

OP
OP
C

conqistador

Jun 17, 2007
bratislava
conqistador said:
allen_idaho said:
Are you saying someone robbed a cemetery?
Nobody robbed!Just regular diging for new tomb.I had information about this pirates treasure,i knew(I was almost sure)that is buried on cemetery,but i believed this is buried on st mary island cemetery.There are next at least 5 treasuries in this area.At least 2-3 on Mauritius,at least 2 on madagascar,and at least 1 on Rodriguez.I have no evidence for some treasure on Mahe,but i think there is some.This recovered treasure is up to last will letter which i have copy of it, part from one huge treasure.This last will letter had sent french corsair to his nephew in the year 1800.
I forget!At this time Mauritius had been corsair s base in indian ocean!There were living many of peoples,and i believe this was good hoax,or joke to peoples.Everybody saw a coffin going to cemetery everybody believed in death man inside,but inside was great treasure!!The best,and simply

idigdirt

Mar 15, 2006
Epworth, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Compass xp-pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think he added one to many zero's to the total but quite honestly, my hunches tell me that this is somebody that needs a treasure hunting buddy....

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
The Stranger and a Mexican dug up that grave already.
There two kinds of folks in this world, those with guns and those who dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread