Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Not surprising that the anthropologists ignore stuff that runs contrary to the story that is called history….

One of the nice things about the internet is that people can share their experiences and learn some truth……..

Hello Doc-d

While I am a big fan of the power of the internet I do realize that its also a double edge sword. There is much information put out there as fact but much is is not fact at all.

Just as with many books even ones from authors I held in high esteem. The fact is our history and discoveries are changing so fast even official textbooks cannot keep up. By the time a text book is printed the information is already obsolete. Modern academics and universities are still working on 20th century concept and have not come to terms with impact of information available to the general public that was once the provenance of the Academic.

However that said there still majior pitfalls when people confuse facts with highly speculative assumptions. While most academics see anyone out of their circle as uneducated fail because they have made an assumption based on the presumption that anyone outside their circle is incapable of conducting good verifiable research.

While for us to justify whatever conclusion we come to we must ourselves look to the basic principles of scientific research to back our own research with verifiable facts. Or risk being labeled as a pseudo scientist researcher or historian writing to an agenda. While history will always have blanks, knowlege of the basic historical facts and investigative archeological principles will help fill in some of those blanks indeed but an open mind free of ego-centrism is a key to any successful research. Regardless if person is a professional historian or a keen history buff.

Crow

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
El Crow has spoken very true words. :occasion14: I have seen evidence of 'both' posted, sometimes to the point of equivalence to writing children's books , others worthy of scientific accreditation. There are times when one has to bite one's tongue to politely remain silent, to times of great respect.

However the internet as such, has the world's knowledge and public records at your fingertips. Use it before we lose it..

The word "verifiable" is a curious one, it generally starts / ends with a humans interpretation, which may not be true, bit is accepted as such, of course records are not in this category.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Culinary Caveman

Jan 25, 2011
relocated to Wyoming
I am quickly learning that research is not only a tool but an art. Academic or not to find leads after one runs dry requires an agile and curious mind. The search for Everett "The Ghost", Dougherty has taught me this if nothing else.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello CC

Indeed all treasure legends ya can learn some thing from. That's why I love em all.

Crow

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Discernment is the key operating word. Be it books, word of mouth, history or the internet, we need to discern truth from lies and disinformation…….
We see discernment in action often on this forum, in these threads.
It is possible to discern truth from false, sometimes it is easy, and other times we need time and more info to evaluate.
And we have our statesmen here, El Cuervo (the Crow) and Señor Don Jose, among others, to guide us.
As for me, I have enjoyed and learned much during my time north and eagerly await my soon return to SA…….

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, giant skeletons have been dug up in various countries around the world. Imagine what releasing this new would do to the history books?

They have found some in Ecuador as well, and you can view a skull in Chile.

This really makes me want to start re-watching the X-Files from the beginning...

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This really makes me want to start re-watching the X-Files from the beginning...

It is true many discoveries have been made but they are usually hushed up for some reason,..you may see dinosaur skeletons in museums but not the skeletons of the giants whom the old bible refers to them as Nephlims that once walked on the earth. It is my hunch that since it contradicts with contemporary science theory on the morphological evolution of man, they decided to hide them from the public ...but ancient books like the book of Genesis in the Bible and other apocryphal books like the Book of Enoch describe these giant beings in detail and how they came about. And virtually every ancient civilization has a mythology associated with the giants....it may not be the place here hence I would not go further.If you are interested You can check out more stuff on youtube.

tintin treasure

pmuggs

Aug 8, 2012
Brantford ON
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It is true many discoveries have been made but they are usually hushed up for some reason,..you may see dinosaur skeletons in museums but not the skeletons of the giants whom the old bible refers to them as Nephlims that once walked on the earth. It is my hunch that since it contradicts with contemporary science theory on the morphological evolution of man, they decided to hide them from the public ...but ancient books like the book of Genesis in the Bible and other apocryphal books like the Book of Enoch describe these giant beings in detail and how they came about. And virtually every ancient civilization has a mythology associated with the giants....it may not be the place here hence I would not go further.If you are interested You can check out more stuff on youtube.

tintin treasure

So you're interested in treasure hunting in Ecuador and an avid conspiracy theorist? If you're a libertarian by any chance then I'd say this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... I'll definitely check out those youtube videos; You should also check out info on 'tall whites', as it seems every few years new accounts are made regarding this species of alien, and its substantial effect on modern day nations.

tintin_treasure

Jul 8, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you're interested in treasure hunting in Ecuador and an avid conspiracy theorist? If you're a libertarian by any chance then I'd say this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship... I'll definitely check out those youtube videos; You should also check out info on 'tall whites', as it seems every few years new accounts are made regarding this species of alien, and its substantial effect on modern day nations.

thnaks. By the way I am not a ''Libertarian'',I have mainly a Biblical worldview. As to Equador Yes I like the idea of Treasure hunting in Ecuador and INca stuff. I do read conspiracy stories but I am not catagorized under theorists. What I said is not from conspiracy standpoint ,was just pointing to facts.

tintin reasure

lvcharb

Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My book "Lust for Inca Gold" explains the facts in detail. Check out the books Facebook page for more info.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi lvcharb

Welcame to Tnet . I have read some pages from your book at Amazon and seems to be a well designed and informative book .
The only book which I have read about Incas treasures was the " The Incas treasures - myth or reality " by Patrick Braun . How you saw my description of Spruce ( Guzman ) map ?

Manco Capac

Mar 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all I'm in Ecuador, last week climbed and overnight-ed on Cerro Guapa - cold and foggy brrrr. Heading back soon to the area for a week or so, but I can tell you with 100% confidence that the Guzman map is accurate. I'm happy to collaborate with researchers on this subject, hit me up :)

Manco Capac

Mar 16, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Doc,
Sorry for the late response, I was in the Llanganates and area for about ten days or so. This time our trip was much warmer and a few days we could actually see thru the fog. LOTS OF WALKING, but well worth the effort as we confirmed a couple of the areas/mines noted on the Gusman map. I'm here in Ecuador till I find Atahualpa's gold... Cheers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread