treasure on Butlers Ridge!

flyinguy

Apr 27, 2008
central new york
Detector(s) used
2 compass coin pros
darned if i know where. about 12 miles from me is a ridge in heavy woods that is supposed to contain loot from settlers of the mohawk valley. i haven't researched much because it is a big,wild area. i'm a scairt sissy i guess. really, i don't know how to search this. history gives a general area and psuedo-facts but, like i said, big and wild. this was supposed to be from the Rev. war when the torries and indians were being chased out by the soldiers. they are said to have raped,pilfered,looted and burned the settlers and their homes as they fled. nice guys! sorry guys, you've been blocked! any how, any body, ideas or comments? don't be shy.

vision quest

Jul 8, 2007
RENSSELAER, NY
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Excalibur II
Minelab SDC 2300
How and where did you get the info on Butlers Ridge? I like a good puzzle and need a place to start. Thanks..

balceber

Tenderfoot
Feb 23, 2009
flyinguy said:
darned if i know where. about 12 miles from me is a ridge in heavy woods that is supposed to contain loot from settlers of the mohawk valley. i haven't researched much because it is a big,wild area. i'm a scairt sissy i guess. really, i don't know how to search this. history gives a general area and psuedo-facts but, like i said, big and wild. this was supposed to be from the Rev. war when the torries and indians were being chased out by the soldiers. they are said to have raped,pilfered,looted and burned the settlers and their homes as they fled. nice guys! sorry guys, you've been blocked! any how, any body, ideas or comments? don't be shy.

There is a Butler's Ridge here in Rochester, same legend and a little more basis in fact. Unfortunately it's within the boundaries of a park and legally off limits, plus lots of dog walkers. I'm trying to get in there for another reason: it's also the site of an old trading post and a huge Indian landing, plus a failed city from the 1700's. Lot of history in that patch of woods. I have already explored the grounds pretty thoroughly; no treasure yet, but a few promising "foundation" sites that don't show up on maps.

(BTW, first post. Love the site!)

RCBAKER00

Apr 12, 2008
PERU NY REAL UPSTATE NY
Detector(s) used
DFX
how you been havnt talk to you in awail like to get together and hunt taking my son to morrisville colege tommorow have a good day et me know you need help with that hunt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread