Treasure Pro and NEL coils

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was wondering if anyone has tried a NEL coil on the Treasure Pro. I have gotten one negative report but was hoping someone else may have had a better experience. I have a Sharpshooter on the way and will let everyone know after this weekend whether it worked or not. When I spoke with a dealer on the NEL Coils, he stated that some of them would overload on the GT or 6T but that it was hit and miss. I hope that Whites will make a mid range and a small coil for the TPro.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is going to be a crap shoot. I can not imagine the TP is all the different from the GT. The 8.5x12.5 NEL hunter I have on the GT works perfect till the temp goes below 50 then will over load on max sensitivity. Then again so does the stock coil.
When investigating this cold weather issue I ask my dealer to try a new NEL hunter on a GT and at room temp it overloaded at a setting of 3 bars.. My coil was purchased when they first came out.. seems like they have a manufacturing issue where something did not stay the same as when they started and rather than fixing it just said the coils don't work on the GT. So... I wish you luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, that is basically what the dealer told me. I actually had the same problem with both 6T's I used with the Whites 4X6 Shooter. I had to send brand new coils back both times because they would overload at max sensitivity. Maybe I will get lucky. The guy said he would take it back if it doesnt work. I never had problems with NEL coils on my 6T. I used the Hunter and the Sharpshooter. It just seems that if Whites is going to continue marketing the 8.2Khz machines they ought to have a full line of coils for them. So far that the only thing I don't like about the TPro. Other than that it does exactly what I wanted it to as a backup to my MX5 and a machine to carry around in case I see a good spot or to use on my lunch break when I get one.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like you ordered it already. I was going to suggest calling Phil Myers and asking him to try the NEL coil you want to buy on a TP before you buy.. Hope it works out!

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I spoke with Phil and he said when he plugged the NEL into the TPro it didn't work at all !!! What a bummer but maybe I will get lucky. I may call Whites and see if they did something special to the TPro to keep it from using aftermarket coils.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spoke with Whites and they said there should be no reason for the NEL coils to not work on the TPro if they will work on the Coinmaster/Prizm machines. Makes me feel a little better but I guess I will know tomorrow night. The Sharpshooter is supposed to arrive tomorrow.

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good News !! I got the NEL Sharpshooter in today and it worked great on the TreasurePro. I took it to a construction site not far from my house and was able to run the Sharpshooter/TreasurePro at full sensitivity with no problem. Clad was plentiful to about 5 inches at this site however, I didnt expect any different since it was a fairly modern demolition site. I spent about an hour and a half at the site and really liked the coil. It separates very good even in moderate to heavy trash and seemed to get good depth. I managed $2.65 in clad of varying denominations. The only complaint I had about the coil was that the VDI numbers were consistently about 2 numbers lower than the stock D2 coil but it only required a mental adjustment to solve that issue. With the areas that I hunt, I imagine the Sharpshooter will see more action than the D2 on the TreasurePro. This machine/coil combination will be perfect for what I bought the TreasurePro for as a tote around machine and a backup for the MX5. I am very pleased.

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great! Glad it works!

killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites TREASUREpro, Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can you give me a link to the coil you purchased? I have a TreasurePro and might want to get the NEL coil but I am having trouble figuring out which one I am supposed to get.

Phantasman

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2006
NE Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex, Land Ranger Pro, Quick Draw Pro, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good News !! I got the NEL Sharpshooter in today and it worked great on the TreasurePro. I took it to a construction site not far from my house and was able to run the Sharpshooter/TreasurePro at full sensitivity with no problem. Clad was plentiful to about 5 inches at this site however, I didnt expect any different since it was a fairly modern demolition site. I spent about an hour and a half at the site and really liked the coil. It separates very good even in moderate to heavy trash and seemed to get good depth. I managed $2.65 in clad of varying denominations. The only complaint I had about the coil was that the VDI numbers were consistently about 2 numbers lower than the stock D2 coil but it only required a mental adjustment to solve that issue. With the areas that I hunt, I imagine the Sharpshooter will see more action than the D2 on the TreasurePro. This machine/coil combination will be perfect for what I bought the TreasurePro for as a tote around machine and a backup for the MX5. I am very pleased.

I saw your video on youtube with the SS. It seems the D2 would bring in more masking due to it's roundness over the thin SS. Does that appear to be a possibility?

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I saw your video on youtube with the SS. It seems the D2 would bring in more masking due to it's roundness over the thin SS. Does that appear to be a possibility?

Yes, the Sharpshooter separates targets better with a smaller footprint than the D2. You don't give up a lot of depth with the Sharpshooter but you gain with the unmasking ability. I also have the 4X6 Shooter coil if it is really trashy. I plan to get a NEL Hunter and probably will seldom use the D2 once I get it. I had the Hunter on my 6T and it was great for more open areas. I don't dislike the D2 but in most areas that I would use it, the Hunter coil would also work and I think it will be deeper.

killeraxemannic

Greenie
Sep 14, 2015
Detector(s) used
Whites TREASUREpro, Garrett Ace 150
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How much depth do you think you lost switching to this coil over the D2?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread