Treasure tree

pdsniper

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2008
Sorry, but I had a hard time posting. I hope this isnt a double post.
This tree is located near a cave in the Ozarks. Between this tree and cave is a second cave that overlooks the valley below. Inside the middle cave I found a very old shotgun shell marked "US Defiance" This middle cave not only overlooks the valley but must be passed to get to the cave I first mentioned. Could this tree be a treasure marker. It sure doesn't look natural. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have found an occasional silver coin in the area. These coins appear to have washed down from somewhere on the bluff as I found them nearly on the surface and always in a wash area. Pictures are of the tree and the middle cave. tree.JPG
tree.JPG

Attachments

• bandit-cave.JPG
    bandit-cave.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 840

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
What a cool place! Would be great fun to explore for sure. That tree is something else! Hopefully you will be able to learn more here about it.

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Are there any carvings on the tree?

TW

S

Smee

Looks like a trail tree marker. If it's native american, it marked the cave for travellers so they could use it as shelter. These trees were the original "road signs" used to inform those following a trail of places to find water, game, shelter . . . and sometimes where NOT to go. "Danger! Scalp removal ahead!"

Don't know if this is one, but it sure looks like a cave marker tree to me. However, could also be a "prayer tree".

Is there a spring also, very close to one of the caves? A nose like that one usually marked a spring.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions