treasure!

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi All, went to a local antique shop Friday and found a booth with 20% everything.
In the display case were two complete mesh bags filled with marbles and they had red headers.
The headers read "Buddies". Jumpin' Gehosaphat! Two 1930's red mesh/red header bags filled with "Helmets".

Turns out that they are Vitro Agates mesh bags circa 1938 and I was told on another forum that "any Vitro mesh bags with helmets are "RARE". Two at the same time in the same place, I need a beer or maybe two.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry cheese I don't even own a camera or scanner or a cell phone or a credit card ,I am, well you know, one of those people.....Joe

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
More of us than ya think Joe. Camera's broke,no scanner,no cell no credit card.Makes it simpler.

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, owe nobody nothing and life is a lot simpler
for those interested in the vitro mesh bags I will be putting them on ebay very soon.

They will be listed under seller mtmcdonough45, my brother, he list all my items, check out our feedback.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cheese, both bags are now listed on ebay under seller search mtmcdonough45 or under item search vitro agate mesh bag. Don't know how to post a link.
.....Joe McDonough

P.S. Photos are there

cheese

Silver Member
Jan 9, 2005
South Georgia
Cool! I guess you got a good deal on them? I'm watching and might bid, depending on how high they go. You have bids already, that's a good sign they will go high!

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lots of lookers and lots of watchers, this is a rare opportunity, rarely if ever do anybody find 1930's marble intact and nice.
In more than thirty years I have found 14 original 1930 boxes and sets and bags.
I am the discoverer of Peltier honey amber bananas, I discovered them, I named them, and I am the only source for these in the world.
No more will ever be sold in to the market, they will all go to my grandchildren.....Joe McDonough

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cheese, about 50 watchers on the two bags, this is going to be exciting.....Joe McDonough

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I can find under that name on ebay is some paper money... was curious! Yakker

OP
OP
J

joesmarbles

Sep 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Yakker, the auction ended at 5 p m est apx. Look at Mark's completed listings and they will be there.....Joe McDonough

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions