TREASURENET EXCLUSIVE: HOWARD HUGHES AT THE BEACH

Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other

You would need a loop to see the XF-11 Crash Scars

View attachment 1612811

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...documented-photo-significance-found-ebay.html

Nobody seemed interested in the photo, so I thought I would post it before sending it off to UNLV.

The injuries you can see with an eye loop on the original is the broken clavicle, which probably occurred when he hit the dash, the bruised chest, "steering wheel" or stick from impact, and the horizontal burn across the abdomen which probably occurred exiting the burning fuselage plexiglass canopy.

View attachment 1613108
You can see the sweater pull at the abdomen in this photo. He was lucky he was wearing that sweater it probably protected him from being burned worse.
View attachment 1613111

anywho, found the picture on ebay, pretty much explained in an earlier post.
link above, Neither really a huge fan of Hughes films or his flying. But it seems he led a pretty interesting life.

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im a fan of Hughs. I have a biography here of him somewhere. Its a shame how it ended. He certainly was larger than life and very innovative. Anyone that can get away with wearing such big trunks deserves some respect! Thanks for sharing.

Chub

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Only a very brave man would walk on the beach wearing a diaper! LOL!

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you just try selling it on eBay instead of giving it to an unappreciative university? The time you've spent on it oughta be compensated in my opinion. It is an interesting find for sure.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't you just try selling it on eBay instead of giving it to an unappreciative university? The time you've spent on it oughta be compensated in my opinion. It is an interesting find for sure.
I'm with you on that one for reasons mentioned and others not.

OP
OP
I
Nov 28, 2017
Primary Interest:
Other
20180717_121207.jpg

20180721_120504.jpg
The XF-11 crash injuries can be seen better in this shot
20180721_194733.jpg

Last edited:

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howard Hughes stood 6' 4" inches tall which means he would tower over the two ladies. The guy in this photo clearly doesn't....

Nice work Spy. So much of what we see and what is portayed on the screen in front of us is rubbish...intentional or not.

chub

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Is this a photo of Hughes after his head transplant? The man in the photo looks nothing like HH.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread