TreasureNets Word Filter

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
TreasureNet's Word Filter

First time I ran into having a word deleted from one of my posts. Interesting to say the least. I used the word --deleted-- in a post. I'm sure it will get removed again but in the context it was being used it was proper and not derogatory. It starts with an "I" and by definition as used in my post means: "uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field" The post was in reference to rules and regulations in certain state parks and that if the local ranger was "uneducated in the fundamentals of a given art or branch of learning; lacking knowledge of a specific field" as it pertains to park regulations and rules does not absolve one of the wrong doing that may occur with certain activities even though the ranger said it would be OK.

Just thought it interesting.

Happy Holidays! ;D

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
Re: TreasureNet's Word Filter

i guess sometimes its hard to determine whether someone will get insulted over certain words so its easier to just delete than have to deal with the offendee.....although i would think that that word should be ok unless you were calling another poster it.....yet how does that explain why this wasn't deleted
Re: Indian village /mound area?
Reply To This Topic #27 Posted Yesterday at 08:39:08 PM Quote
Quote from: ink-a-alot on Dec 15, 2008, 09:27:25 AM
Quote from: mistergee on Dec 15, 2008, 03:48:13 AM
You might find something depends on how close u are to the creek, and whats wrong with digging up a grave there aint much left of them most of the time and someone else will just digg it up any way..
its a respect thing and besides its against the law to desecrate a grave
what ever.

Hmmmmm... What's wrong with diggin up a grave...

AND YOU'RE POSTING ON TREASURENET??? Idiot

"Ain't much left of them most of the time...." total idiot

Would someone please spare me the posts of this absolutely total idiot? Remove him/her, please. Absolutely no respect for humanity.
:icon_scratch:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yes i had the same problem with the word I D I O T :dontknow:

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania

perhaps that post was the start of others getting out of hand and saying worse than that word so the mods deleted everything related to it and kept only positive posts.....i think that happened with me....i corrected a guy on something he said to another poster and i think a whole lotta people piled on

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other

I think the main reason it is filtered is because the
moderators of Treasure Net do not care for Dostoevsky.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I Tried to figure it out.
But it must be the Filter
making the Decision.

This under
TERMS OF USE

DEFAMATION

The purpose of this website is for the friendly exchange of information about metal detecting and treasure hunting. TreasureNet may not be used as a springboard to launch personal attacks of any kind. Use of words such idiot, moron, retarded, lunatic, ignorant, and other defaming names or language may not be used here when naming or indicating individuals.

Example: There are a lot of idiots in this world might be acceptable. You Mr. John Smiiiith are an idiot, would not be acceptable and may be grounds for an instant and permanent ban. Please understand and respect our need to limit our liabilities, and to maintain a friendly atmosphere.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

now i can be an idiot

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mcgearhead said:
aa you can't be an idiot, I'll be the idiot for the both of us !
No!!! i am an idiot and i can prove it >:(

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've gotten into some heated discussions etc. Had some words and or phrases deleted. But I gotta Give Jeff a lot of credit! He's explained the hows and whys and responds back right away. Now, my own rule for me is if I gotta wonder more than 3.3 seconds, ask Jeff for guidance. A lot easier than being edited or booted. And lastley, I feel it's their house so it's their rules! They earn it! How many of us really see how many hours and hard work goes into keeping a site like this running?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well, there are a lot of other words that aren't *prohibited word deleted*