Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I see Charlotte Taylor keeps the looted artifacts in her basement and without proper conservation. I wonder haw many she has sold?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Quoting from the article:

"Other artifacts have been brought up by archaeologists, who Taylor says knew that to leave them on the bottom of the Bay would expose the relics to deteriorating bacteria or scavenging scuba divers."

The article seems to imply that scavenging archaeologists are somehow exempt from established procedures and preservation.

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
I agree with GIB on that one.If you do the same thing as they do, you are a scavenger and a looter,
but when they do it,it's OK.That eletist attitude gets old real fast.Basically"in your face" to the
general public.

piratediver

Jun 29, 2006
newport, Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know these people all too well and Charlotte does not even dive even though she is the U/W archaeologist for R.I.! The state is in very tough financial shape and they are dreaming if they think there will be a lab coming along any time soon. I have a lot of horror stories but will refrain for now.

Pirate Diver

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions