Tree Symbols

drcrowbar

Mar 19, 2003
KY
I found a few symbols carved into a fairly large beech tree about 10 years ago in Central KY. I took a rubbing and still have a basic sketch that I can find. There were three symbols - one over two others. The top one is a triangle outline with sort of a odd symbol in the middle. It reminds me of a mountain with a cave. The two lower symbols are of a tomahawk and a large (equal size to the other two) symbol resembling a lower case letter "r". I would like to know if there are any online picture interpretation websites or books availible. There was one book on the old forum but I can't find any way to view it. An archive of the old site would have been pretty neat. Any replies appreciated. :)

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a guy at the GPAA metal detecting and treasure show in San Diego in Jan or Feb that was selling books on treasure symbols interpretation. Perhaps GPAA would have a record of who sold at this show. It was in Del Mar, CA. Then you could call him and order one of his books. Old issues of Gold Prospector Magazine might have a number in them to contact them. D

Dave (Pa)

Mar 19, 2003
Dunmore, Pa.
It's also advertised in the Gold Prospector Mag!

If you need the order info, I can look it up and post it. I've got last years issues. Thy've been doing an ongoing story about the Spanards in the Tresure Hunters University Section for over a year now.

Attachments

• IMG-1253.jpg
    IMG-1253.jpg
    862.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG-1252.jpg
    IMG-1252.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
  • 0AA36A07-8C50-4683-B716-4028C724BE63.jpeg
    0AA36A07-8C50-4683-B716-4028C724BE63.jpeg
    172.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 75BBB685-7496-4DAD-8A76-6152019418AD.jpeg
    75BBB685-7496-4DAD-8A76-6152019418AD.jpeg
    128.9 KB · Views: 18

hillbilly

Mar 23, 2003
drcrowbar said:
I found a few symbols carved into a fairly large beech tree about 10 years ago in Central KY. I took a rubbing and still have a basic sketch that I can find. There were three symbols - one over two others. The top one is a triangle outline with sort of a odd symbol in the middle. It reminds me of a mountain with a cave. The two lower symbols are of a tomahawk and a large (equal size to the other two) symbol resembling a lower case letter "r". I would like to know if there are any online picture interpretation websites or books availible. There was one book on the old forum but I can't find any way to view it. An archive of the old site would have been pretty neat. Any replies appreciated. )

The triangle is a sacred symbol of the KGC. Part of their uniform adornment was a triangle attached to their a helmet bearing the numbers 3-5-7 at its corners.
Whatever is in the center of the triangle is likely a coded symbol providing information. It may be where the tree is physically located, or directing you to the area of interest, or how telling how the rest of the map should be used. The small case "r" is a clue telling what needs to be found for the next step in solving the puzzle. The small "r" in some cases means locate a "hoot owl" tree in that shape. The tree will point either toward or away from another clue. Remember lines run both ways and continue until stopped or ended by another symbol. If you find a "hoot owl" look it over for a small blaze. The blaze is a witness mark, it will usually be found underneath the bent part. Look on line with the tree for other trees and/or stangely out of place rocks, ie. white rock where all others are black, red, etc. If you find a tree having a large blaze, 4-8 feet long, search the area for buried clues. DIG CAREFULLY AND SLOWLY REMOVING ONLY A FRACTION OF AN INCH OF COVER AT A TIME. Clues may be stone, glass or iron and may be buried deeply or shallow. If you find ANYTHING, DON'T MOVE IT, expose it and photograph it with a compass in the photo for reference. There may be several pieces of "junk" metal within a few feet. Don't disturb this as it may be a map. Don't remove the pieces, leave them as they are so you may refer to them later. You likely will need help with the puzzle and the person helping will need to see everything as it was. Many clues will not be visible to anyone not trained in what to look for.

I'd bet that there are many more symbols on that tree or on other trees nearby. You must find as many of the clues as possible in order to ever have a chance of truly deciphering those you now have.

Don't expect to find real help in treasure sign books. While some of the signs they discuss are true treasure signs the interpretations given usually are based on logic. KGC symbolism is almost always anti-logic or code having no meaning to anyone not knowledgable in KGC lore.

Photos would help if available.

OP
OP
D

drcrowbar

Mar 19, 2003
KY
DRCROWBAR Post Number 2

Hi everybody, it's me again.
I returned to the site and have a lot to report. There has been a forest fire and a termite and fungus invasion on all the old beeches in that area. The beech I am 90 percent certain was the original tree was the cause of the forest fire due to a direct lightning strike. Only the bottom 15 feet is left. What was above that is nowhere to be found. It was full of termite holes and the bark was severely damaged. The beeches are at the end of their lives and dying. Termites are eating them full of holes and fungus is causing the bark to fall off. Plan to acquire a digital camera. If not I will film with a VHS Camera. Hillbilly, you were right, there are more symbols. There are two dark trees, possibly black oaks, that are bent in the shape of lighting bolts. From other forums, I understand these to be of importance. What I find bizarre is that they DO NOT line up, but do point in the exact same direction, perpendicular from each other. The symbol in the middle of the triangle was found on another beech that is undamaged. There were many other symbols on this tree including an upside down cross. I have also found marks about 20 feet off the ground away from the site on large trees that appear to resemble flagpoles or the letter "p" in a square shape. Dell, the site is 35-50 miles southeast of Lexington. Woohie007 I plan to photograph the chalked outlines soon. If I cannot acquire a digital camera, I plan to videotape the site before the beeches die out. I do have paper/crayon rubbings of many of the markings that are obviously not natural. I plan to scan and post these rubbings soon.

Attachments

• IMG_0898.JPG
    IMG_0898.JPG
    560.1 KB · Views: 22

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I read somewhere that if you find a triangle that the treasure would be located near to the middle. It seems to me that you have located one point of the triangle. IMHO I would try to locate the other points of the triangle. Good luck!

hillbilly

Mar 23, 2003
Re: DRCROWBAR Post Number 2

Dr. Crowbar, you are discovering some very important clues to the KGC depository you are working. The bent trees are pointing at the center of the layout, this can be proven by finding the angle of the two lines, should be about 22.5 degrees or 1/16 of a circle. Where the two lines cross there will be a major clue. It may be a buried piece of metal, a heavy tool or even a stone map. Look for a blaze on a tree around the X place. Dig just out from the blaze.

You will need to use the exact "True" compass heading taken from the GPS coodinates of the trees and project your lines till they cross. It could be some distance away. Use a map program like Delorme TOPO, and the drawing tool will allow you to be precise in drawing your lines and also you will know the distance to where they cross exactly. The flag or P looking symbols are topographical but you need more carvings to find the right place. Look directly above or below those for amplification. Sometimes the important stuff is carved well up in the tree. Look for carvings in the saddle where the main trunk forks. You might also find some carvings on another tree exactly perpendicular to the flags.

That part of the country has many KGC sites, Gen. John Hunt Morgan buried several caches of treasure in KY, which was later recovered and placed in KGC depositories after the war.

Good Luck,
Hillbilly Bob Brewer

drcrowbar said:
Hi everybody, it's me again.
I returned to the site and have a lot to report. There has been a forest fire and a termite and fungus invasion on all the old beeches in that area. The beech I am 90 percent certain was the original tree was the cause of the forest fire due to a direct lightning strike. Only the bottom 15 feet is left. What was above that is nowhere to be found. It was full of termite holes and the bark was severely damaged. The beeches are at the end of their lives and dying. Termites are eating them full of holes and fungus is causing the bark to fall off. Plan to acquire a digital camera. If not I will film with a VHS Camera. Hillbilly, you were right, there are more symbols. There are two dark trees, possibly black oaks, that are bent in the shape of lighting bolts. From other forums, I understand these to be of importance. What I find bizarre is that they DO NOT line up, but do point in the exact same direction, perpendicular from each other. The symbol in the middle of the triangle was found on another beech that is undamaged. There were many other symbols on this tree including an upside down cross. I have also found marks about 20 feet off the ground away from the site on large trees that appear to resemble flagpoles or the letter "p" in a square shape. Dell, the site is 35-50 miles southeast of Lexington. Woohie007 I plan to photograph the chalked outlines soon. If I cannot acquire a digital camera, I plan to videotape the site before the beeches die out. I do have paper/crayon rubbings of many of the markings that are obviously not natural. I plan to scan and post these rubbings soon.

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you need the order info, I can look it up and post it. I've got last years issues. Thy've been doing an ongoing story about the Spanards in the Tresure Hunters University Section for over a year now.

I am, please post...thanks :D:thumbup:

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry my response was regarding something else...

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am, please post...thanks :D:thumbup:

You do realize that you are answering a post that was made in 2003 don't you! Check the date of the post before you reply. Nobody likes to have to have archaic posts dragged up and clog the new ones. Just some friendly advice! Frank... hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You do realize that you are answering a post that was made in 2003 don't you! Check the date of the post before you reply. Nobody likes to have to have archaic posts dragged up and clog the new ones. Just some friendly advice! Frank... View attachment 806587 [S

It was all a glitch in the system..My post was on a different forum which somehow temporary linked to this...Weird!!!

Dixiegal

Jul 8, 2012
GA
Detector(s) used
White 808, White Sierra Made, pulse induction, LRL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Sounds like KGC. Triangle likely means there are 3 targets.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions