Trees Need to be Removed

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm going to get a dog, and in order to do that I have to do some fencing around my yard, and in order to do that, there are some trees that have to come down. We got started today. Started with the largest. These are KMX trees -- Knobby Cone Pine and Monterey Pine cross -- which are very fast growing trees that were developed for making paper. I planted them, and I've been kicking myself over doing that for several years. They grow fast, but they also get very scraggly with dead limbs and shed BooCoos of dead needles, so down they come, to be replaced with a fence and a dog.
A.jpg
A2.jpg
A3.jpg
A4.jpg
The trees were planted about 20 years ago. They were nice for the first 10 years.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doing it with a Stihl. I had a Jonsered back in the day as wood was the only way to warm up my home long ago. My buddy had a 1942 Chevy 4x4 military dump bed truck we'd go up and get loads of firewood with. Lot of fun going down steep grades after missing a gear. Grind the hell out of it before you could catch a gear and slow that monster down.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread