trespassing

dirtdigger57

Greenie
Dec 28, 2009
Saw on a post that a fellow knew he was trespassing on property, but knew he would not get caught. Please do not break the law in detecting on property that you do not have permission to be on. Why? One it is Illeagal, and you just might get caught. Also, it could give a bad name to the hobby of detecting. One trespasser with a detector can stereotype the whole bunch. If you trespass to detect, please stay out of my area of Indiana. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dirtdigger57 said:
Saw on a post that a fellow knew he was trespassing on property, but knew he would not get caught. Please do not break the law in detecting on property that you do not have permission to be on. Why? One it is Illeagal, and you just might get caught. Also, it could give a bad name to the hobby of detecting. One trespasser with a detector can stereotype the whole bunch. If you trespass to detect, please stay out of my area of Indiana. :icon_thumright:
Well said.. :hello2: Being seen by anyone while you are doing something wrong brings shame on all detectorists an we should not encourage such behavior.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
plus its just not very bright to brag about breaking the law in public forum -- esp in one that the members of it do not like or condon that type of action. --and the forum rules state they do not support that type of action. :violent1: :nono: :whip2: :protest:

S

stefen

When I was in my early teens we had some hunters trespass on our posted property...in doing so they shot and killed my dad's dog...

All I can say is that the trespassing hunter's shot guns and boots were given freely as an even trade...

For whatever reason you find it necessary to trespass, then you'd better be willing to suffer the consequences...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
that was back in the day when a armed man upon finding "tresspassers" upon his "posted" land often shot said tresspassers * and buried em end of story --- so no lawyers got involved since dead men tell no tales and the land owner wasn't talking.

for shooting his dog --I'd say they got off light --losing only their guns and boots (tressspass fee)-- my gramps woulda still whipped the tar outta em to boot. (for the dog's sake)

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
that was back in the day when a armed man upon finding "tresspassers" upon his "posted" land often shot said tresspassers * and buried em end of story --- so no lawyers got involved since dead men tell no tales and the land owner wasn't talking.

for shooting his dog --I'd say they got off light --losing only their guns and boots (tressspass fee)-- my gramps woulda still whipped the tar outta em to boot. (for the dog's sake)

I miss the good 'ol days.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have never intentionally tresspassed....nor would I. Was huntin up in Marietta GA once.....farmer told me to hunt but at the tree line at the end of field belonged to moonshiners....hunt there if dare.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where are all of you guys every time I get ate up on here about this subject?I have been torn a new one on several occasions and left to hang out to dry.I was really begining to think I was the only moral one left on forums.Trespassing is the bain of my existence.Just yesterday I was hunting a place I have been trying to get on for a long time,finally did.Got there and realized it had already been hunted,holes left open and garbage left by the holes,then to make matters worse,the landowner comes racing down the road and slams on the brakes where I was,and was pissed because he had seen two other guys detecting and thought I had brought them.I dont know who they were or where they went.It just irkes me that the majority of people just go,and yes they do brag on here about it.

I have missed the posts that you speak of where hunters are openly admitting they are trespassing and getting away with it. This is obviously a problem. Maybe links should be posted here exposing these individuals. What else can be done? If they are getting away with it, then call them out. I would like to see how they defend themselves in the eyes of the treasure hunting community.
Hang them out to dry. They need to held accountable. I know nobody likes to name names but if they are ruining our hobby, then let's do it.
What say you?
Dave.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mudddy,I have been attacked several times for voicing my opinion on Tresspasing,very few people on any forum ever seem to have my back.
Recently a gentleman posted about hunting Federally Protected ground,although he claimed he didnt know,check out some of the replies,of people at me! Link Two Gold Mines Detected",that is just one!

kuger said:
Mudddy,I have been attacked several times for voicing my opinion on Tresspasing,very few people on any forum ever seem to have my back.
Recently a gentleman posted about hunting Federally Protected ground,although he claimed he didnt know,check out some of the replies,of people at me! Link Two Gold Mines Detected",that is just one!

I will check this thread out but I really think this is ridiculous. Surely the majority of the 10,000+ members here are opposed to trespassing and would want to stop a few bad apples from ruining it for all of us. Sure, it is hard to trace these people out in the field, but the ones who leave a trail on this forum should be lynched right here on T-net! :thumbsup:
I will watch your back Kuger, it just depends on whether I see it happening.
Maybe we should start a thread discussing what to do with these individuals and should at least make a list of the violators.
I will pay attention more to this from now on. Sorry for not noticing earlier.
Dave.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Muddyhandz said:
kuger said:

I will check this thread out but I really think this is ridiculous. Surely the majority of the 10,000+ members here are opposed to trespassing and would want to stop a few bad apples from ruining it for all of us. Sure, it is hard to trace these people out in the field, but the ones who leave a trail on this forum should be lynched right here on T-net! :thumbsup:
Maybe we should start a thread discussing what to do with these individuals and should at least make a list of the violators.
Dave.

Thanks Muddy,I agree it is ridiculous and I have sat back and thought WTF,why am I the only one that abides by the law?I see it on here all of the time"it is easier to ask forgivness than to see permission".I not only stand on it as a moral issue but half of my time is spent researching,gaining permission then working all year to keep that permission,only to find that some one has jumped the fence and pillaged it allready.I will not be posting finds anymore for that reason.Thanks again,I will call on ya!! :thumbsup:

rmptr

Silver Member
Dec 25, 2007
Tierra del Fuego
Detector(s) used
Tesoro.Fisher.Garrett
Hey ! There's the man with three cows... well, it was late and really couldn't see too much... it might have just been two !

Ha ! I've seen pics of the coarse stuff you posted way back when... can't say I blame you for not posting GPS coordinates !

Quite some time ago we lost an active member who posted indian relics and such... He got multiple visits from a number of gubment agencies and they cleaned him out. Wrecked his whole business and I'd imagine his life.
He's possibly still on vacation.

Yup... definitely not wise to trespass unless you're prepared to pay the piper.

Best
rmptr

mrs.oroblanco

Silver Member
Jan 2, 2008
Black Hills of South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo & Garrett Stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not only do we not condone trespassing, and this being a public forum, readable by any, it makes those of us who get permission or don't hunt there if we can't - look bad.

Isn't it bad enough that there are many people trying to stop us from detecting? You have to give them a good reason?

Please don't.

If we cannot be our own champions and watchdogs - who do you think would be willing to take up the cause of bad behavior by a md-er?

The people who don't want us to be doing it in the first place, that's who.

B

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
kuger said:
Muddyhandz said:
kuger said:

Dave.

Thanks Muddy,I agree it is ridiculous and I have sat back and thought WTF,why am I the only one that abides by the law?I see it on here all of the time"it is easier to ask forgivness than to see permission".I not only stand on it as a moral issue but half of my time is spent researching,gaining permission then working all year to keep that permission,only to find that some one has jumped the fence and pillaged it allready.I will not be posting finds anymore for that reason.Thanks again,I will call on ya!! :thumbsup:
Kuger
I most certainly have you back. I agree 100 percent with what you have written. I Know for a fact that SOME guy's from this site "Hop" Illegally I get emails from other members and phone calls from landowners. They don't think we know but, steps are being taken at this moment in this neck of the woods to stop this from happening any longer. Keep posting buddy

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
THANKS SO MUCH,IT MAKES ME FEEL GGOD TO KNOW i AM NOT ALONE,FIGHTING THE GOOD FIGHT!i APPRECIATE YOU ALL :thumbsup:

fng68

Nov 5, 2004
Beaver County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE, X-Terra 70,Tiger Shark,Garrett CWIII,Ace 250
Kuger et al,

It's getting to the point I almost hate to see a kid "unsupervised" with a detector.
There are some grown ups who I've threatened with bodily harm for not filling holes.
These are the ones who will get us all banned from prime spots.
It's like when in a store and some little snot pushes in front of you, says nothing.
I make it a point to point out the error of their ways, but they look at you with a mixture of confusion and contempt.
Civility and Respect are concepts foreign to a lot of the younger generation.
These things were taught at home once upon a time, it seems not nearly enough anymore.

Don't get me wrong,there are many,many fine young people out there. Just look at our kids serving this country.
But our culture is changing,just look at TV content,media in general. I know we never hear about the good ones, but the more I see the less I like.
Sorry for the rant, it's just this tresspassing thing is kinda all connected in my eyes.

Ron

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fng68 said:
Kuger et al,

It's getting to the point I almost hate to see a kid "unsupervised" with a detector.
There are some grown ups who I've threatened with bodily harm for not filling holes.
These are the ones who will get us all banned from prime spots.
It's like when in a store and some little snot pushes in front of you, says nothing.
I make it a point to point out the error of their ways, but they look at you with a mixture of confusion and contempt.
Civility and Respect are concepts foreign to a lot of the younger generation.
These things were taught at home once upon a time, it seems not nearly enough anymore.

Don't get me wrong,there are many,many fine young people out there. Just look at our kids serving this country.
But our culture is changing,just look at TV content,media in general. I know we never hear about the good ones, but the more I see the less I like.
Sorry for the rant, it's just this tresspassing thing is kinda all connected in my eyes.

Ron

AMEN!! :thumbsup:

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always opined against trespassing. One jerk openly posted that he had climbed through an unlocked window at an"abandoned" house with all the belongings still inside and taken some jewelry and things. I informed him I thought they called that burglary! I was surprised that a couple of forum members thought it was an OK thing to do. I haven't seen posts from him or his buddies in a couple of years now. Maybe he got caught and is sleeping with Big Bubba at the state pen? Sweet dreams. Monty

Dedimus

Jan 14, 2010
envyville
Monty said:
I have always opined against trespassing. One jerk openly posted that he had climbed through an unlocked window at an"abandoned" house with all the belongings still inside and taken some jewelry and things. I informed him I thought they called that burglary! I was surprised that a couple of forum members thought it was an OK thing to do. I haven't seen posts from him or his buddies in a couple of years now. Maybe he got caught and is sleeping with Big Bubba at the state pen? Sweet dreams. Monty
Maybe he got caught and is sleeping with Big Bubba at the state pen?

Statistic's show in favor of this. It worries me to think people would do just about anything for a cut up wheat penny.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread