Trial Run on F4 ?

FloridaDigger

May 6, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just bought the F4 and set the discrimination to all but coins. My experience so far is that it eliminates most junk and all the iron.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
It's very easy to find jewelry, go to where it's lost. Yes, I am related to Half, Dumm and Jack, I'm Smart-A..

The larger point is what type of jewelry? Silver and copper for sure with all "junk" disc'ed out. Gold most often falls below a LOT of canslaw/pull tab target categories. Old buttons, pins, hair pieces often come in just below that zinc cent area as well.

So where are the "easiest" places to find jewelry despite the presence of junk. Any mediums that are easy to work through; sand, pebbles, wood chips and the like. Because being that much easier to recover makes pulling junk that much less of a task.

And once cleared of all the pre-hunt junk, your sites will be easier to hunt as those targets are replenished seasonally. If they are not already hunted by others.

Have fun and let us know how shiny those first big finds are!

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found that the best way to disc out the low end is use a target similar to what you expect to find and bump up the disc, using your target. You might not get all disc'ed out but you will get close. TTC

FloridaDigger

May 6, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How does the F4 do on white sandy beaches in Florida. I may try at Daytona Beach next week.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Could it be possible to discriminate out nAILS, AND pull tabs but still find coins and jewelry I know i have to dig junk sometimes too but i was just curious ?
If you descrim out anything past iron you will miss gold. This is true with any machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread