Trick Paragraph? Try This!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was swinging my Vaq on a part of a playground on Friday. It was a warm day for March. I dug up an old spring that had lots of rust on it. It was about a half foot down in muddy soil. I put it in my vinyl pouch and swung for about an hour. I soon found a lot of clad but no gold. I want to find my first gold coin or ring soon. I know it's difficult to find and many folks won't find gold but I will not stop looking until I dig up a chunk of gold. I know I will find it. I had lots of fun and had a workout. I am going to try to go out to that park today if it's warm again. It should stay around fifty or so and that would rock! Also... this is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it! It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, and you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bigb03 said:
Every sentence starts with I???? Thats all I got .
Hadn't noticed that and it was unintentional but not correct as there are 3 sentences that begin with letters other than 'I'.
Great observation though! I had to go back and re-read it. :icon_thumright:

If anyone figures it out, it will become obvious so I would ask that you paste that paragraph into the body of your post but add to it and keep it going. But ONLY if you figure it out! No gibberish, I want it to read like a story and make sense. PM me if you want to or need to verify your answer.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The letter "e" appears to be absent from the initial post... :dontknow:
And I'm apparently dyslexic, because I thought the title said "Trick Photograph"
Wow, I'm so glad it's the weekend!!! :D

Bran <><

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 said:
And I'm apparently dyslexic, because I thought the title said "Trick Photograph"

Bran <><

:headbang: Very good!!!

Tommy Torquemada

Mar 10, 2010
GopherDaGold said:
godisnum1 said:

Bran <><

:headbang: Very good!!!

The letters x and z are also absent. I don't get it.

OP
OP
GopherDaGold

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
X and Z are usually absent from most paragraphs ever written so that's not as unusual as an entire paragraph written without the letter E which is the most often used letter in the alphabet.

godisnum 1 got it. :icon_thumright:

(The letter E was used 17 times in the above sentence alone so an entire paragraph sans E is a daunting task, :o)

diggemall

Apr 19, 2006
northeast Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, BH Discovery 3300
GopherDaGold said:
bigb03 said:
Every sentence starts with I???? Thats all I got .
Hadn't noticed that and it was unintentional but not correct as there are 3 sentences that begin with letters other than 'I'.

4 actually

Somebody needs to get out more.................. ;D

Diggem'

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're a day late and a dollar short on this post :D I posted this along with 4 other riddles on 2/25 in the Everything Else forum. This was the last of the riddles on mine and buy the time I got to it I was already burnt out so I missed it :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread