Tried something diffrent, scored large silver.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Against my better "relic hunting" judgement we tried something diffrent and hit an old school yard. Ty wanted to bring his little buddy from next door, poor kid didn't sleep all night, and they were ready for 7 am. I wasn't! :D Deven is 7, he was busily pocketing every piece of aluminum, foil, coin we dug, it was all cool to him. :D So we now have another future hunter in our midst. His parents even offered for us to do there yard. Sweet!

I was picking on Dan "Look Deven, Dan has to dig to China to find his target, we are popping them right out" :D Well there is a scream from across the field, then Ty joins in, Deven and I drop everything to run over for a look. Dan says "look what was in china!" 1941 walking liberty half dollar. :thumbsup: Dug what would have been a nice little baseball button, little corroded. Got a bunch of clad, the oldest was a 68 dime, close but no cigar.

So it was diffrent, it was fun, and we got big silver! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• green river  school 004.jpg
    green river school 004.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,118
  • green river  school 005.jpg
    green river school 005.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 1,123
  • green river  school 008.jpg
    green river school 008.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,117
  • green river  school 009.jpg
    green river school 009.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,111
  • green river  school 013.jpg
    green river school 013.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 1,108
  • green river  school 014.jpg
    green river school 014.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,100
  • green river  school 017.jpg
    green river school 017.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,091
Upvote 0

TN-Joe

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
Tn
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA500
Hi Kim,
Boy wouldn't you know it. dan finds the big silver. Well next time it's gold for you.lol
Those boys sure are all boy.
How's the white elephant?
Joe

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That thread is priceless, CG. The pictures are fantastic...the half is even better. Congrats! :thumbsup:

daytondigger

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2004
Dayton, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5
I here by officially crown this month as "Walker Month". There seem to be a lot showing up here lately, so I say each and every one of us must find a walker this month ;D . Congratulations on your digs.

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Sonny, sure was pretty seeing that coin come out of China. :D

Joe, We are a team, so it's OK he dug it. I only though "creep" for a half second. :wink: The white elephant is getting sick of having daily thunderstorms, but otherwise just fine. :)

Thanks Lisa! That means alot to me. :-*

Digger, it is officially declared Walker month. We have 19 days left to get r done. :D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you got hairy knuckles for a lady ::)

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I was going to chime in and say how nice that was, but what with the turn this thread just took, I may have to hold off for a while.

AZ-Mtnman

Jul 25, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab
LOL No problem, I'm a hillbilly born and raised, so I'll bet I've seen worse.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a nice story and a good find! I take my grand children out hunting every now and then. It is fun!

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought my holes were deep ;D Nice coin and what a good hobby for the young ones. I just hope they don't get robbed by some thugs if they go out by themselves :thumbsup:

OP
OP
COUNTRY GIRL

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
I have to tell you, if they are young (Ty is 11 an Deven is 7) bring the bike, a remote control car, be at a play ground, don't expect to dig a few holes of junk and keep them from being "bored". Bored the word of this generation coming up. :D As I said above they are deffinately interested, just have to have "real" kid stuff involved too. Belive it or not the "kids" want to go back to the corn field to play, I mean detect. :wink: Ty really does ask "can we go detecting this weekend?" :) So keep bringing them, it's more than detecting..........it's history, bonding, learning about each other, laughing, picking on each other, laughing some more, mystery, playing hide and go seek in the corn ::) (I'll get lost one of these days :D ), above all else.......the love of it ALL!

Thanks Folks!

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A great hunt Country Girl :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
That Walker is sweet. Having fun with the kids can not be beat.
They grow up way too fast.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread