Tried to Sell

usatc

Nov 28, 2008
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
And the guy at IDC ("we give you the best prices for your gold and silver!") offered my $3 per for my 90's and $1.25 for my 40%'s. I had the coinflation price list printed out with me and he said "that is the dealer price".

Are you kidding me?!? Needless to say, I didn't sell anything Friday.

Upvote 0

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, you can find a better buyer for sure. There is a shop where I live where they are paying almost $5 per 40% right now, and over $10 per 90%. Just call around and talk to different shops. If they are getting large amounts of coins they will pay more, sounds like the guy you talked to must be a small time pawn shop or something. Much luck to you, just don't settle for anything less than $4 per 40%.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Depending where you live you might have to mail them. Many on this forum like where they send them and will be able to give advice on that.

Where i live in NY i have access to many coin shows some of whom have gr8 buy or sell prices so thats where i go when in the mood to sell. The funny part is some times i go to sell [like the Clifton NJ show] but the prices arent good enuf for me and i end up buying more because some dealers had silver below melt.

I found the Parsippinay NJ and the White Plains NY shows to have gr8 buy and sell prices.

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
usatc said:
And the guy at IDC ("we give you the best prices for your gold and silver!") offered my $3 per for my 90's and $1.25 for my 40%'s. I had the coinflation price list printed out with me and he said "that is the dealer price".

Are you kidding me?!? Needless to say, I didn't sell anything Friday.

What is IDC stand for? You can bypass a lot of dealers by using Craigslist.. or sell to APMEX, Tulving

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can get better prices in you sell on Craigslist or local in the paper. Plus pay the $5 here for the month and sell them here.....Matt

Flick420

Jan 14, 2011
lame there are good buyers out there keep looking
sold some 40% today at 5.25 each at a flee market since they where all CRH finds i was stoked

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread