Tried To Trade This HUGE Old Padlock I Dug To Dman For 3 CSA Bullets-No Dice!!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dman wanted to hone his golf skills this morning so we planned a mid afternoon hunt at an old 1840s home. He found some modern coins as I did on my first trip there. I dug this old iron lock. Neither of us have ever dug one this big. The brass lockplate has writing but I can't make it out. Then, Dman showed out by finding 3 dropped .69 cal. Round Balls dropped by Gen. Morgan's Troops before we left. I offered a trade as he has an old country store glass top showcase full of Ag. and other iron relics from our hunts in his store. Since Gen. Morgan's Soldiers bullets from this site are VERY difficult to recover anymore, he declined the trade.
Any info. on the age or maker of the old lock is appreciated. HH, Quindy.

YTD Total Colonial and CW Relics=138

Attachments

• 9-17-10 Hunt.jpg
    9-17-10 Hunt.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 981
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VOL1266-X said:
Dixiedigger said:
Hey Quindy, wouldn't Doug let you post the bullets? I need some help down here with the playboy Relic Hound!!
Based on the picture that I saw of him all dressed up that I received, I'd say you do. He looked older than 14 years. You, Dman, and I will have to wear tuxes just to go hunting with him now. I'm afraid he's getting ready to swap his detector time for girls and become a playboy. HH, Quindy.

Naw...I bet ya he'd trade ya a rose bud for that lock! :icon_pirat:

Nana :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread