triple notched turkeytail

Rustyshoes

Jul 4, 2012
NY
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just kiddin .Im new here to treasure net .Be forwarned i have terrible spelling and typing skills,but i can stare down at the ground all day.
My older cousins introduced me to indian artifact hunting and i always feel like i can connect with my native ancestors when i discover a special stone tool or a hawk feather in the woods.
Anyway about fifteen years ago my cousin found what he thought was an indian shelter .He then forgot all about it for 10 years.Long story short it was awsome .I was so grateful to have the oportunity to do this.THERE was one stange thing i found on a few of my solo digging hikes ,about 100 yards from the shelter was a wet swampy area and along the edge was a apx
2 feet wide by 8 feet long mound .After removing some moss growing on top i found it was a stockpile of white clay.Im guessing for pottery making.Has anyone seen anything like this near any of the shelters they have dug ? thanks

One other question
We never had dug beyond the drip edge im guess there may be more artifacts there.
Has anyone had much luck with larger tools ect in this area.

Upvote 0
I would dig it. At least test pits. Lets see what ya found in the shelter!!! Welcome to tnet. Check out the sticky who are you.

Welcome. You have to post a picture of a artifact to start a thread. Just kidding. But we do like pictures. Thanks for the introduction. And yeah dig test holes if your running out of finds. There are still artifacts to be found.

If you go back about a year or so a member named Treefrog excavated in front of his shelter. He has dug hundreds of points outside the shelter. I have never heard of stock piling any clay but it is possible. Love to see the Turkey Tail. Welcome aboard sir.

WELCOME TO TNET

Welcome to the site. Pictures would be nice of your finds and that clay hill you speak of. I would swing my MD over that clay hill to be sure they werent hiding some gold under it. They liked gold and gems just like us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back