Trolled the sniping bank

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a bank near my parents' house that I try to stop by when I'm nearby. A few months ago I was in trying to get a box, saw a silver quarter in a tray, and asked to buy it. The young (uh oh, she knows too) teller said no, it was hers. And they refused to give me a box. I give banks three chances, so I have gone back two more times, weeks apart, different days/times/tellers, and always get shot down.

So I brought in a big dump today, and they asked why I had so many half dollars.

I told them we were cleaning out my grandfather's house and I took his coins in.

Boom. Now they're going to be sniffing around that coin machine all day.

Trolololol

trollface.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
GlenDronach

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can always just open up the machine and look through the bag.

Nope, this is one of the bin boxes, that all denominations drop into a big wheeled container. I bet it's driving someone nuts.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I've got rolls of dimes from 1966 to 1969 that I saved from when I started CRH'ing (wasn't sure at first what all to look for), marked "1960's". I figure some day I'll get revenge on a sniping teller by bringing them in, perhaps with some 1969 Canadian dimes sprinkled in...

>:D

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a bank near my parents' house that I try to stop by when I'm nearby. A few months ago I was in trying to get a box, saw a silver quarter in a tray, and asked to buy it. The young (uh oh, she knows too) teller said no, it was hers. And they refused to give me a box. I give banks three chances, so I have gone back two more times, weeks apart, different days/times/tellers, and always get shot down.

So I brought in a big dump today, and they asked why I had so many half dollars.

I told them we were cleaning out my grandfather's house and I took his coins in.

Boom. Now they're going to be sniffing around that coin machine all day.

Trolololol

View attachment 829625

8-) I like what you told them. They deserve it. In the future be sure to always to a large dump there when you are seeing your parents.

HH
Gary

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
I've got rolls of dimes from 1966 to 1969 that I saved from when I started CRH'ing (wasn't sure at first what all to look for), marked "1960's". I figure some day I'll get revenge on a sniping teller by bringing them in, perhaps with some 1969 Canadian dimes sprinkled in...

>:D

Dude! You gotta do Canadian '68 magnetic!! :laughing3:

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL. next time tell them your great aunt gave you all the coins from her childhood.Let them snoop in the reject tray.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you know you have sniping tellers bring in a some Morgans and some ikes and ask them if you can cash those in, and right before you hand them over say like "oohh this is a pretty coin ill keep these ones", and pluck all the Morgans out right in front of their eyes.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
If you know you have sniping tellers bring in a some Morgans and some ikes and ask them if you can cash those in, and right before you hand them over say like "oohh this is a pretty coin ill keep these ones", and pluck all the Morgans out right in front of their eyes.

That is a great idea.

Golden Eagle

May 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Oh my god I totally have to do that sometime! Sad part is that it's only good at banks that screw you over!

jmb2email

Apr 14, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT PRO 12" coil, DD 10" coil, 5.3 coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a few banks that are on my dump list when I am in that part of town due to these kinds of issues too. My biggest peeve is when you ask super nicely about half dollars, ikes, or customer wrapped rolls and they get all pissy and smirk at you and say "no we don't have any of that" and you know they do.

I do the same, I give them 2, maybe 3 tries...

JMB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread