trouble with my idx classic

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Probably a loose wire or broken solder point on the speaker, should be an easy fix if you can solder. Try calling Whites & they may fix it for you for free, they'll also tune it up & make it like new. Ive heard they'll do this even if the warranty is up, great customer service! Good luck!

OP
OP
knapper

knapper

Jun 25, 2006
atlanta ga
Detector(s) used
IDX CLASSIC , SURFMASTER PI
thanks guy it dosen't bother me i like ear plugs anyway but i will call white's ;)

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Some models speakers wont work if you have anything plugged in to the headphone plug in. Even if you have an adaptor to take it from a 1/4" RCA to 1/8" RCA the speakers won't function correctly. Make sure nothing is plugged in before you send it in.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The speaker jacks on metal detectors break connection from the speaker when the headphone is plugged in, this is normal so you don,t get sound from both the speaker and the headphones. The jack may be worn out and it is not reconnecting the speaker. It should bean easy fix. As said try Whites or any electronics geek with a soldering iron can resolder a broken wire or replace a jack.

Ed Donovan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread