Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey all,
My trowel has already taken a beating. I have had it since March and the end of the rubber handle is already blown out. Granted I have been out quite a bit, but the cylindrical metal handle is now killing my hand. I am sure that other detectorist have experienced the same thing and I was wondering if one simply replaces the trowel or repairs it. Is there some way to modify the handle so that this doesn't happen?

Upvote 0

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Easy peasy---------------find a rubber hose that will fit metal shaft and add tape wraps until you get the proper diameter for a bicycle handlebar cover to fit and use Gorilla glue after you confirm a proper fit.
Good luck.
Marvin

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Delete

Last edited:

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the inside diameter of the handle? I use an oar end on mine, makes it comfortable. IMG_20150108_134313.jpg

OP
OP
Troller

Troller

Mar 5, 2016
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5 DD, Si Robertson TC2X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not b sure of the inner diameter. I will check this evening. I took and wrapped some duct tape around the bare metal already and put the old handle back on. You guys are awesome though! Thanks for the advice!
Jarhead is that a home made hole punch in the bottom right? You could probably market those!

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to use common pipe insulation from the hardware store, wrapped (completely) with electrical tape.

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I made a couple of them, use occasionally, I have an extra yellow end or two if you want just need $ to get it to you.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure how wide your handle is but looks about the right size to fit a bicycle handle. I have used padded bicycle handles on my diggers and water scoops for a few years. Very comfortable and seem to last really well.

Last edited:

Flycaster

Feb 11, 2016
Kennesaw Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cap it with a PVC end cap and then use rubber tool handle dip. You can get it in the paint section at most hardware stores.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread